That's what I've done. Not deleted it, just dragged it to my desktop so that if it does cause problems you can just drop it right back in.

That combined with getting scouts to show up, rather than light scouts has made the ground combat much more enjoyable!

One other thing I'd recommend too; don't send vehicles on the missions. The AI still doesn't seem to target them in my experience, which ruins the tension as you're not under any threat. I just decommission them at the start of my game and go with troops only. Much better.

Yeah, Chris, it does seem there are too many light scouts and I am aware that they won't create crash sites. I kept saying to myself, "Dam, another lights scout might as well let it go" but wouldn't want them terrorizing my earthly civilians.

um windex? I think only the fighters leave no crashsites.

What and how many aircrafts are you sending at the light scout? If you are getting alot of " UFO destroyed" try hitting it with less missiles and finishing it off with the cannon from one F17.

So I decided to do another Xenonauts video for this version of the game. I was glad how stable the game is running compared to the last version. In addition I've started an LP channel for myself so I don't have to worry about the 15 minute limit. I still have to apply though. Like someone else in this channel I have been uploading videos occasionally to my normal channel.

Reading through the posts here I now understand why the Hunter was not being attacked all that much. Did not realize that but I could swear it got attacked by a Caesan once. I'll try to find it in the recording tomorrow.

Here is the link to the first out of four.

EDIT: I might have to lower the ingame volume next time. You can still hear me though a bit on the soft side.

Edited by Da-Fort

So I decided to do another Xenonauts video for this version of the game. I was glad how stable the game is running compared to the last version. In addition I've started an LP channel for myself so I don't have to worry about the 15 minute limit. I still have to apply though. Like someone else in this channel I have been uploading videos occasionally to my normal channel.

Reading through the posts here I now understand why the Hunter was not being attacked all that much. Did not realize that but I could swear it got attacked by a Caesan once. I'll try to find it in the recording tomorrow.

Here is the link to the first out of four.

EDIT: I might have to lower the ingame volume next time. You can still hear me though a bit on the soft side.

Hey i saw your videos and realized you complain about your funding ingame. The alien Alloys you get as spoils at end of each mission can be sold for $10k each. Go to your main bases 'Stores' tab to sell them for building your 2nd bases=]

Fwiw, unless it's because I only ever got fighters or light scouts, I could never research Wolf Armour or Laser Weapons. Although, I could eventually research Alenium missiles, even if they're only half implemented (lots of ####'s around).

Although I did discover a lovely bug regarding said #### missiles where if you put them into production at a workshop but don't assign workers (so, it's got an infinite build time), the game logic keeps charging you and will absolutely hammer your funds, faster than you can press M to replace them.

... or just press "M" on the geoscape, which will give you lots of money :)

Nice ;) but that would ruin the fun of the game and ingame early struggle and achievements and ruin my fun;) but for purely testing base setups and reloading its a good cheat.

I could never research Wolf Armour or Laser Weapons. Although, I could eventually research Alenium missiles, even if they're only half implemented (lots of ####'s around).

Me too. All this. I down scouts and light scouts, research everything but there no lasers or armor in available projects. How got them?

I have the same strange missiles that devour money

Just booted up Xenonauts today after a long break due to ...stuff.

Looking amazing! I have no idea what some of the stuff in the Fighter UI does, but it looks really cool.

And the maps. Such lovely concrete and buildings and bulletholes and UFO. *drools*

Hey i saw your videos and realized you complain about your funding ingame. The alien Alloys you get as spoils at end of each mission can be sold for $10k each. Go to your main bases 'Stores' tab to sell them for building your 2nd bases=]

Yeah I believe I did that. I remember selling something. That there helped me stay afloat until the end of the month.

Chris, I just want to say what you guys are doing is just incredible. Everything from the obvious commitment, the quality of the work, and the ways this project is being funded just blow me away. It gives me a lot of hope for the future of computer games in genres that have been largely ignored by the big boys for the last decade in favor of, mostly, RTS and FPS and a sprinkling of RPG's of a particular type.

I look forward to the completion of this project and can’t wait to see what you have planned next!

Zurmah - have you downloaded the Desura client? That's an actual program you download onto your PC. That will download Xenonauts and provide an easy way to update it every time we release a new build.

If you download it from the links on the actual webpage, then you'll have to download the full 1gb build every time we release a build (we update the links).