Xenonauts V1.52 Experimental Released!

oh, also, will the new update be available as a separate download for those who have the standalone GoG version instead of the Steam Version?

edit, ah nevermind, I answered my own question.

too bad.

well, I suppose I could just register my gog version in steam.

Edited by Ichthyic

oh, also, will the new update be available as a separate download for those who have the standalone GoG version instead of the Steam Version?

edit, ah nevermind, I answered my own question.

too bad.

well, I suppose I could just register my gog version in steam.

What makes you think GH won't make the patch available for non-Steam users when all other patches and updates have been?

It's not available to non-Steam users at the moment simply because its still in testing and its difficult (impossible?) to set up test branches on other platforms. This, incidentally, is exactly how the game worked through its development stage. I'm certain that when it's done, then, that it will be available for all platforms. Not doing this would be pointless, to say the least.

Bear in mind that GOG has higher standards than Steam when it comes to "working". Steam's attitude is somewhat ...carefree... when it comes to working updates. Which is great when doing experimental patches and the whole Early Access thing, but you can bet GOG will put 1.5x through the mill before they ok it for their platform.

What makes you think GH won't make the patch available for non-Steam users when all other patches and updates have been?

I read the link to the general information on experimental builds, where they said "only for steam".

that's what made me think that.

It's not available to non-Steam users at the moment simply because its still in testing and its difficult (impossible?) to set up test branches on other platforms.

only difficult because GoG makes it so.

that doesn't mean you can't make it available for independent download. It's like ignoring an entire segment of your consumers, who would gladly work with experimental builds, because you just find steam to be "easier".

makes no sense to me.

why not just have independent assets available for download from a simple ftp server?

have people sign an electronic "waiver" so they know it's experimental.

not an unusual thing to do.

Edited by Ichthyic

that doesn't mean you can't make it available for independent download. It's like ignoring an entire segment of your consumers, who would gladly work with experimental builds, because you just find steam to be "easier".

makes no sense to me.

why not just have independent assets available for download from a simple ftp server?

have people sign an electronic "waiver" so they know it's experimental.

not an unusual thing to do.

Why not just install it on Steam and have full access to all the experimental builds and stop complaining. Steam isn't the devil, it won't hurt you to use it. I would much rather they spend more time fixing issues for one distro platform than waste even a second turning into something bigger than it needs to be.

yeah, I tried it. doesn't work.

you actually have to have a steam code to enable that feature, which would mean I'd have to buy it twice.

it's good, but not that good.

;)

Steam isn't the devil, it won't hurt you to use it

well, good thing I never said it was then, right?

know what a strawman is? you just made one.

Edited by Ichthyic