(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Hmm but that also means that researches that can be only unlocked by capturing new aliens alive is out of commission.If you are going to disable new aliens than do it properly.

-Airprops.xml (you don't need extra clutter )

-Researches.xml (modify techs that require those aliens so that even without them you can unlock them)

-Xenopedial.xml (prevent some blank articles popping up by removing new aliens articles)

-Corpse.Xml (this could cause crash so make sure you remove theirs corpses)

-UFO contents (this will prevent them spawning in ground combats).'

Though if you want just to remove eggs than do what podbelski wrote.

Hello there. I have got to first say that my first modded Xenonaut experience would be the Xenophobia mod and have completed it. I then decided to try out your mod since it was a more streamlined and balanced experience (which I actually am loving much more in comparison).

Thank you so much, this is the reason why I was trying to focus on redirect Xenophobia to the right way. Add content to the game is not the main reason, each piece of equipment need to has a unique role that makes sense and let the player understand the progression and consequence of their choices.

In XNT are different ways to go or explore the Techtree, even for expand, you need to plan carefully or review some guidelines to understand the process of tactic behind alien invasion.

About the eggs things are different, each pieces, unit or weapon added to the alien weaponry has been designed to take a important strategy objective. In this case the eggs accomplish the mission of passive aggressive alien that consume explosives, time and limit the safe place for xenonauts. If your having problems dealing with remaining eggs at the end of the mission I recommend you to stick to the Secondary objective of UFO Crash sites, "Secure the UFO for 5 turns" .

Enjoy it and thanks for the feedback!

Btw eggs are mostly invisible. Aliens too sometimes I reload.

Coyote armor is missing for males at inventory screen.

Can u catch new aliens alive? Is there a gain for that?

BTW again TD. . There is so much to research and not enough time. I sometimes pass forward as much as I can to see what research I need to follow.. I read every note but sometimes I stuck with nothing after months..

Edited by drages

re eggs:

if you've been annoyed by them too much I'd rather reduce their reflexes than remove from the game completely.

Find "aiprops.xml" in XNT folder, find the entry for "egg" there, and change the value in the following attribute to a lesser number, like 100 or maybe 50:

Reflexes="300"

upd

I also find it beneficial for gameplay to reduce the accuracy of noncombatants and guards by 15 for Caesans and by 10 for Sebillians. It's more of a frustration than challenge for me to see those non-soldier buddies shooting their pistols like snipers

Edited by podbelski

Btw eggs are mostly invisible. Aliens too sometimes I reload.

Coyote armor is missing for males at inventory screen.

Can u catch new aliens alive? Is there a gain for that?

BTW again TD. . There is so much to research and not enough time. I sometimes pass forward as much as I can to see what research I need to follow.. I read every note but sometimes I stuck with nothing after months..

You need to check integrity, something is wrong with your instalation. About the researches is important to understand that you DONT need to do all the researches, forget about that bad practice about vanilla. In the game universe is ilogical that in 1970 you take a piece of equipement of advanced alien tech and research everything you found.... Imagine if some aliens found a crashed Boeing 767? They will need lot of time to understand things well.

just tried disassembling my first corvette, when ordered and i try to access hangar screen game crashed.

to clarifiy: clean install of latest xenonauts, +CE0.28, then xnt. nothing changed by me.

addendum: problem of crash vanished as soon as disassembling was completed, able to produce foxtrots succesfully without any crashing.

hazard the guess, game will crash as soon as i try it again to access hangar screen while a ship is getting disassembled

Edited by Cazadore

just tried disassembling my first corvette, when ordered and i try to access hangar screen game crashed.

to clarifiy: clean install of latest xenonauts, +CE0.28, then xnt. nothing changed by me.

addendum: problem of crash vanished as soon as disassembling was completed, able to produce foxtrots succesfully without any crashing.

hazard the guess, game will crash as soon as i try it again to access hangar screen while a ship is getting disassembled

Ah! Interesting, We never make images of UFO during dissasembling, so the system is trying to load a image and crash when the image is not found..... what a weak engine -.-

Even NES games show a empty space when an image is not found xD

Anyone notice that one of the stats of soldiers reflex is buged - i mean you get higher reflex then setings in game config allows.

I had it before and notice that some of my soldiers REF is 70 when I just hired them and setings was set up on 65 and it wasynt starting soldiers. Same now i just checked and few of my soldiers has Reflex above 70 and 2-3 for hire close to it.

Of course its not XNT casuing that, I just spoted it again and shared maby someone saw this too.

It seems the value is buged by 5 and seting it from 30-60 give recruts with proper values from 35-65.

Edited by Alewalek

Ah! Interesting, We never make images of UFO during dissasembling, so the system is trying to load a image and crash when the image is not found..... what a weak engine -.-

That has nothing to do with engine ........... If what you say is true than it's simple oversight by illunak when he wrote modular system.You should report that bug in their thread but first consult with Kabill if he is available.

Edit:By the way here are the LP videos for XNT:ID.People already asked multiple times about this and this guy decided for his new play through to choose XNT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfUjIB__Eqo&list=PLoKIfUZWar5KABe4uaIeKjquGkE1AB4kf&index=1

Edited by Sentelin

It seems the value is buged by 5 and seting it from 30-60 give recruts with proper values from 35-65.

I don't think is a bug mate. The initial armor, or lack of armor, gives 5 reflex.

Try to notice it when you get the next upgrade, you'll probably lose this bonus.

Onestly never thought that basic armour has any bonusess :P thanks - its true

Unfortunately still vortex gun shoted into feinted soldier triger c4 in his backpack which usualy lead to EOM and 3/4 team slaughtered - unless game will crash what hapens as well- so u eather has to reload or dont have c4s in backpacks. Again I presume its vanila isue but was hoping some things will be fixed.

Edited by Alewalek

The aliens definitely feel much squishy now. I've done about 8 light scout/scout missions now and have only lost one worthless private, and this is on Insane difficulty. While some of the tank aliens such as Delta Reaper and high-ranked Sebilians likely needed some decrease in HP, perhaps early game is way too easy now? Gargols are now walk-over and I will be astounded if someone continues to complain about them. :P

I also noted with interest that advanced ballistic weapons (Project Hell Gate) seem to be available for free? While this was probably done in consideration for the significantly diminished initial funds, I wonder if laser weapons and advanced ballistics have similar combat effectiveness like last build - I am assuming here, ignoring that tech at the moment - why should one go for lasers that takes money and time to build.

Edited by ventuswings

Mid game is not easy. Maybe tactical ground is easier but air combat is becomes more and more harder faster then u develop.

I got 3 bases and I start corsair now but massive ships with defenders flying in the sky. I still got foxtrot against big ones.. I just research heavy laser.. got 20 researchers and 50 engineer. A plane takes 3 6 days... so for 3 base 30 of the engineers only work on plane building.. still I can only catch large ones..

I still have only scout car and heroic 8 soldier.. I try to take down a base now but it's really hard.. I can easily why out with a enemy ambush. But I got a chance to win now.. at 5.3 it was a bit more hard over the enjoyment. Now I play normal but veteran would be more scary...

Enemy got battle.rifle and I just got scatter laser.. it looks I am slow at research and weapon tech but my guns damage is fine for now.. I can kill anything.. sometimes it takes long sometimes fast.. Coyote armor makes me ignore 3 of 4 vipers and gorgols .. Melee enemies are very easy compared 5.3 . I made acid bomb and used but not necessary. Napalm is mostly useless just it explodes when u throw..

I want to make more researcherresearcher but plane building takes all my money..

so this is it for now..

One of the biggest things I have difficulty with is managing my progression/research in the campaign and deciding when to build bases, what to research, etc. This mod, while very interesting and rewarding, is also very difficult, and as such I've never been able to finish a playthrough. Could someone who knows a lot about the mod take a look at the save (late December) I've attached, and tell me if I'm doing ok or if I am behind in some areas?

I feel like I am way ahead in the air, I am pretty much able to shoot down any UFO I've met at will. I am just beginning to construct my first Saracen, and I'm about to unlock the upgraded dropship. On the ground, I think I'm doing ok with armor, the Jackal armor is standard equipment and I've manufactured the first few sets of Coyote armor. I tried to go down the advanced ballistic weapons route, and haven't done much research into energy weapons. The problem is that now I'm starting to see some more capable enemy ground units. I discovered the alien fortress about a week ago (game time), and haven't been able to take it, whatever shows up there is just too strong. The elite androns/ceasians/sibelians basically need the whole firepower of my squad to go down, and their big area effect weapons just cut my guys down. I'm stumped and don't know what to do. If I somehow screwed up my progression, what did I do wrong?

Camp 1.sav

Camp 1.sav

Camp 1.sav

TD;

I got the base after veery very though fight.. But i start to lose the air fights badly.. Now there are battleships at air and i got saurans,corsairs and foxtrots.. and they are too many... realy there is about 7-8 massive enemies at skies... After base attack the recovery took about 1 week so i needed to pass terror sites..

Scatter laser is totally useless... laser rifles fire 4 per auto and it can penetrate and hit eneies more easily..

I try to figure out where i made wrong.. maybe its researcher numbers.. maybe wrong researchs.. but i mostly go fast forward to see the results of techs so i done only neccecary ones..

Game comes to a break at the point of mid to late game i think.. the game should give me about 1-2 month before i pass the late game period.. i need to have more time to research and build..

When i check the my play from beginning to this time, i feel i need 40 researchers rather then 20 but i dont have any idea how to support that.. becouse i still need min 50 engineer at least to do the airplanes in time..