(Mod Update) XNT Into Darkness V6.0 - "Hellgate" (DISCUSSION THREAD)

TacticalDragon

Please, tell me how to edit modinfo file in order to fix the problem with 0.31 HF1 and to be able to see the XNT 6.0 mod in the mod menu. 10x in advance

Download this Patch: XNT Patch for XCE 0.31

Patch Installation Instructions:

Step 1 - Update X:CE to v0.31

Step 2 - Goto your Xenonauts Mod Folder and extract the patch. (For Steam Users: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Xenonauts\assets\mods \")

Step 3 - Accept all Overwrites.

yep it's working for me too!

but right from the start I saw #### instead of "small scout" and prob smth else... so reverted to default XNT strings.xml

so I'm curious - what was changed there?

Try it on a clean install of XNT and make sure X-Division is deactivated.

The string for "weapon.flamethrower" was never there so I added the entry.

Edited by Man of Doge

Try it on a clean install of XNT and make sure X-Division is deactivated.

The string for "weapon.flamethrower" was never there so I added the entry.

How dare you deactivate my mod!!!! :)

But there were many ppl who complained about new CE edition with XNT.. so there can be strange bugs here and there..

How dare you deactivate my mod!!!! :)

But there were many ppl who complained about new CE edition with XNT.. so there can be strange bugs here and there..

So much aww, so much inactive. :P

I find that doubtful considering the only thing that has trouble ModMerging is the Behaviours.xml file...

EDIT:

After a closer look at the strings.xml file several entries were fixed and the download has been updated to the fixed patch. If you downloaded the patch before now, please re-download/install the patch.

Edited by Man of Doge

Thanks for the fix!

Btw, am i doing everything right? Steam version, community edition, got all mods like map packs activated in mod menu, just copied XNT data into 'mods' folder, it does not show on mod menu, but it seems to be working. But it looks likes something is missing from xenopedia. Is this how it supposed to work? Or should i reinstall the game, delete community edition and just overwrite files in assests folder by XNT files?

The only mods I have are xce, XNT 6.0, zSmokeFix4XNT and Fire in the Hole.

make sure you follow this instruction:

1)Download Fire in the Hole! without add-ons.

2)Extract only tiles and maps (into the XNT folder, overwrite when asked)

if this does not help, try to run only with XCE and XNT, w/o other mods, and see if it keeps crashing

• 2 weeks later...

Could you guys help me? I registered in this forum just because of this problem:

I'm playing Xenonauts with XCE, XNT and Fire in the Hole mod and recently the game started to lag and freeze a lot, sometimes even CTD for no apparent reason. It started lagging only when there was a lot of smoke on screen, but right now it freezes from the start of each mission (for like 2 minutes for each turn or for explosions).

I didn't notice that XCE had been updated and I ignored the warning that said that something was wrong with the mod order or something else, so I only patched XNT for 0.31 recently (that didn't fix lag or freezing). Perhaps that bugged my saves?

I followed the instructions for installing FitH, and my laptop should not be having any difficulties to run this game. What could be causing this problem?

XNT 6.0 is an old mod with no offical modder to support. TD left modding with giving the mods right to me and i work on XNT Next Generation or XNT 7.0 if u want to call it..

So i want a fully working new patch/CE friendly XNT 6.0, some of you can make a patched version and put it..

But still i prefer u try my version.. i need some more testers to catch the balance..