Eisfunke's Sleek Plasma Weapons

Eisfunke

Inspired by mentatt76 (see here) I made "reworks" of some of the plasma weapons. Some of them looked really bulky and cumbersome in my opinion. I resolved this by removing the scopes on the rifle and the carbine and replacing them with sleeker versions - the caster is in the works.

Rifle

rifles.jpg

HD Version

Versions

Version A

Removed scope. Added notches where the scope's mounting was. Added iron sights.

Version B (Eisfunke's choice)

Removed scope. Added notches where the scope's mounting was. Added iron sights. Removed the cover over the battery.

Version C (Community's choice)

Removed scope. Added notches where the scope's mounting was. Added the carbine's less bulky scope.

Version D

Removed scope. Added notches where the scope's mounting was. Added the carbine's less bulky scope. Removed the cover over the battery.

Changelog

V1: First Release

V2: Added Version C and D. Added X:CE compatibility.

Download & Installation

Download the zipfile. Unzip it. Decide which version you want (Eisfunke A, B, C or D).

If you use X:CE 0.26+: Just the folder you want into /assets/mods/ (so that it is /assets/mods/Eisfunke X). If you already have a Eisfunke version, allow any merges and overwrites.

If you don't use X:CE: Put the contents of the Eisfunke X folder into /assets/ (So that /Eisfunke X/gui merges with /assets/gui). Allow any merges and overwrites.

[ATTACH]5417[/ATTACH]

Carbine

carbines.jpg

HD Version

Versions

Version A

Removed scope. Adusted the position of the notches on the barrel. Added iron sights.

Version B

Removed scope. Adusted the position of the notches on the barrel. Added iron sights. Removed the cover over the battery.

Version C

Removed scope. Adusted the position of the notches on the barrel. Added a retextured version of the Alien Sniper Rifle's front scope as reflex sight.

Version D (Eisfunke's choice)

Removed scope. Adusted the position of the notches on the barrel. Added a retextured version of the Alien Sniper Rifle's front scope as reflex sight. Removed the cover over the battery.

Changelog

V1: First Release

V2: Adjusted the iron sights (Thanks to Kitten for the advice!). Added Version C and D. Added X:CE compatibility.

Download & Installation

Download the zipfile. Unzip it. Decide which version you want (Eisfunke A, B, C or D).

If you use X:CE 0.26+: Just the folder you want into /assets/mods/ (so that it is /assets/mods/Eisfunke X). If you already have a Eisfunke version, allow any merges and overwrites.

If you don't use X:CE: Put the contents of the Eisfunke X folder into /assets/ (So that /Eisfunke X/gui merges with /assets/gui). Allow any merges and overwrites.

[ATTACH]5424[/ATTACH]

Caster

Following soon...

Enjoy!

rifles.jpg

SleekPlasmaRifle-V2.zip

carbines.jpg

SleekPlasmaCarbine-V2.zip

rifles.jpg.9e0ebe9b8e4d854ef572f7a3d93db

SleekPlasmaRifle-V2.zip

carbines.jpg.3fbbf0b0a13dd7e4f19ef3f3bd0

SleekPlasmaCarbine-V2.zip

Edited by Eisfunke
Improved installation instructions.

Firstly, thank you, guys! Glad you like it.

As for the Carbine, I like the second one the best. The scope is attached to the sides of the gun, and as such, is independent of the bend (which is what that line indicates).

Agreed, so I used that version to finish the carbine, now also with 4 versions, two with iron sights, 2 with reflex sight, and put it in the OP. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...
hi buddy , sorry for bothering you but i got a little confused,

should i put the "eisfunke C" on the mods folder...or the content of that folder into the mods folder

so if i use your mod the content of the folder would look like:

-assets/mods/eisfunke C

or

-assets/mods/gui (and) weapon

Blackwolf this is what I did.

Unzip the files to an unzip directory.

Go into the directory you just made, go into the assets/weapons folder, and delete the ones you do not want to use. I used the C version.

Then go into the Gui/Weapons folder you will see more plasma weapons, delete the ones you do not want to use. Same with the small folder. I believe these maybe generated on their own later form the weapons folder..but I cant remember.

Go into the XCE assets directory, and copy the modinfo file.

Place a copy of it in the Assets portion of where you unzipped your plasma files.

Zip the files back up, in ZIP format, name it something like "plasma mod"

Then you can use the mod installer mod tools on the XENO startup menu. just hit install mod, and find you newly made zip file called "plasma mod"

Xeryx

Sorry for the delay, I was on a trip for the last two weeks.

I really like the work you did here!! I think you should consider making the laser pistol look way better than a potatoe gun.! Love the C versions. Any ETA on the heavy?

Thanks! I quite like the pistol as it is, but I might try to make it sleeker too.

As I'm back now, I hope to be able to release the caster this weekend.

hi buddy , sorry for bothering you but i got a little confused,

should i put the "eisfunke C" on the mods folder...or the content of that folder into the mods folder

so if i use your mod the content of the folder would look like:

-assets/mods/eisfunke C

or

-assets/mods/gui (and) weapon

It should be assets/mods/eisfunke C, just as with other modular mods. I changed the OP to make it more clear.

Blackwolf this is what I did.

Unzip the files to an unzip directory.

Go into the directory you just made, go into the assets/weapons folder, and delete the ones you do not want to use. I used the C version.

Then go into the Gui/Weapons folder you will see more plasma weapons, delete the ones you do not want to use. Same with the small folder. I believe these maybe generated on their own later form the weapons folder..but I cant remember.

Go into the XCE assets directory, and copy the modinfo file.

Place a copy of it in the Assets portion of where you unzipped your plasma files.

Zip the files back up, in ZIP format, name it something like "plasma mod"

Then you can use the mod installer mod tools on the XENO startup menu. just hit install mod, and find you newly made zip file called "plasma mod"

Xeryx

While that works, it is unnecessary as I already prepared it for the modular mod manager. E.g. you don't need to create a modinfo.xml as there already is one (that is if you downloaded the V2).

If all that doesn't work, just do it like you would without the CE and copy the contents of the Eisfunke X folder into assets, so that gui and gui/weapon and weapon merge. (In that case you should backup your assets)

By the way, I used Gimp to make these. I use it for all image editing/creating affairs as it is open-source and can do pretty much everything. If you are beginner or don't need all every shenanigans Gimp offers, I recommend Paint.NET as it is far easier to use and also less heavy.

Edited by Eisfunke

thanks pal, i apologies but english is not my first language, thanks for answering me !

You're welcome and don't worry, it's not my first language too.

Well, the caster turned out to be more difficult than I expected it to be. What I originally planned to do looked terrible, so now I not only removed the sight, but also the whole top structure. However, now I'm worried it is too sleek...

I would love some feedback or suggestions on this prototype before I add some more decorations and bundle it or rework it if you don't like it. :D

caster1.jpg

caster1.jpg

caster1.jpg.1051e45818a5691877f7a16138d8

You could use the plasma torch png in the assets, i really like that feel of heavyness , like a heavy plasma vulcan that must be used from the hip.

Great idea, thanks! I totally forgot that one. I think I'm going to cross it over with the old caster image a bit. Hopefully I will manage something good-looking.

So. First thing I did was simply removing that igniter-thingy on front of the torch, so it looks less like a flamethrower and more like a machine gun. Maybe that's already enough.

plasmatorch2.jpg

Secondly, as I wanted to have a normal gun used from the shoulder (to keep consistent with the combat sprites) I attempted to include the torch's drum into the caster. Then I added the reflex sight again and some notches to make it look less linear. What do you think? Is it too much?

casterEX.jpg

casterEX.jpg

plasmatorch2.jpg

casterEX.jpg.d0f54b5fe8e34079fae35e8e2e4

plasmatorch2.jpg.2ebc83403ac2db10b032a13

Edited by Eisfunke

So. First thing I did was simply removing that igniter-thingy on front of the torch, so it looks less like a flamethrower and more like a machine gun. Maybe that's already enough.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5564[/ATTACH]

Secondly, as I wanted to have a normal gun used from the shoulder (to keep consistent with the combat sprites) I attempted to include the torch's drum into the caster. Then I added the reflex sight again and some notches to make it look less linear. What do you think? Is it too much?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]5563[/ATTACH]

Looks good to me.