I'll realise your map idea

Skitso

Thanks for coments everyone. Kabill, this is industrial. And also, copying submaps isn't that hard actually. You just need to mass find/replace all assets paths with notepad++

As I'm making these maps, I'm feeling a bit dissappointed and sad GH didn't have more time/money to make more and higher quality maps. I could have made dozens and dozens of these with small compensation within few months time frame.

Edited by Skitso

It's the same funktionality thatsingle spectres have. They just need to be in correct folder to work. If you use for example a submap from industrial tilesetin afarm map, the submap has incorrect paths for spectres. What you need to do is copy the spectres in correct directory and modify submap to point in correct locations.

Thanks for coments everyone. Kabill, this is industrial. And also, copying submaps isn't that hard actually. You just need to mass find/replace all assets paths with notepad++

Yes, of course. I'd gotten it into my head that it was a Farm map instead (all those trees, I guess!).

As for copying, I still wouldn't say it's easy. Or at least, to make it so you need to make sure you set up your file structure to support a mass find/replace command.

As I'm making these maps, I'm feeling a bit dissappointed and sad GH didn't have more time/money to make more and higher quality maps. I could have made dozens and dozens of these with small compensation within few months time frame.

It is a shame, yeah. It doesn't even take that long to make maps if you just use existing submaps and I think there's enough vanilla submaps that you could probably get a few more good maps out of them without adding anything else.

It still feels pointless and error-prone. Is it written down somewhere why that needs to be done? That looks like something that would be good to get fixed.

It's the tile atlases. Since these can't be read between tilesets, you need a new set of images and spectres for each tileset with their own file paths. Hence, if you just copied a submap from one tileset to another it's still trying to reference files in the tileset it started with and you need to update the file paths for the new tileset it is in. (If that makes sense?)

Yeah, looks really good. I only hope the AI makes good use of it. (It's one of the unfortunate issues with buildings that they take so much time to make and yet seldom actually see any action in combat other than as a set of walls.)

I've never modded ai behaviours that much, but what I do know, is that the upper floor tendency can be altered. My problem is, what's the scale? Should I double the value, or multiply by ten, or add 0.1? Any ideas? Has anyone tinkered with this?

I don't really know anything other than what it says in aiprops.xml.

If I have chance, I might have a play around with it and bundle it into my minor ai tweak mod along with the suggestion you made about raising the minimum accuracy a bit.