Mac Steam Build Needs Testing!

Hello folks,

So we've uploaded a Mac build to Steam. To access it, install Steam for Mac and then activate the Experimental builds: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5958-Xenonauts-Experimental-Builds-Instructions

It should download the game to Steam directory. It won't launch directly from Steam, but if you go to the Steam directory manually it should be there and ready to install / play.

Please can a few people give it a test to see if it works?

Nope, I opted into the experimental branch again and steam shows me being on that branch, but I don't get an option to install :(

Like others Xenonauts only shows up in the "All" games list and doesn't show up on my Mac games list.

Downloading now, will give it a test and see what is what.

Well, maybe by tomorrow, anyway. Steam seems disinclined to share it at any reasonable rate.

Edit: Time remaining: 12 days

Well, call me in two weeks, then.

Edited by Martian

Hey there.

First time poster... and a former diehard addict of the original xcom. I don't have a PC: can I purchase the PC version of the game, then get into the experimental branch to test it on my mac?

Many thanks for doing this, I am so excited to test this out!

I've downloaded the the experimental branch, but when I try to run the game I get a warning that the executable is missing.

Edit: Ignore that. I just reread the instructions that said that it won't launch directly from steam. When I try launching it from the file directory it doesn't run either. The icon appears in my dock for a few seconds before disappearing.

Edited by Victus Unus

First.

Chris and dev-team, thank you for completing the game. I've been off since the initial fundraiser and my pledge and looking forward to the day i finally can play the game.

Second.

[deleted]

Anyway.

Thank you again for the game, and since it is already finished, the only thing that remains is to get the experimental build and get it working. (1.06 i've got from desura yesterday is so damn unstable).

I still wonder what was it that has changes so significantly since my first tests under wine two years ago.

Edited by deghost