[V1.07] Skitso's Sleek AI Turn (Removes Hidden Movement)

Skitso

This mod will remove the hidden movement screen and the dark background under it and make slight adjustments to the alien turn text.

This is compatible with pretty much any version.

MYR1UKe.jpg

Installation:

DOWNLOAD

Simply unpack the file in the /assets/ and overwrite everything. Remember to take backups first if you want to go back to original.

Just to point out, I had to download the file from my mobile. Managed to get the mod that way. If anyone else needs an alternative download link, I'll be happy to provide it, with Skitso's permission of course.

Edit: Forgot to say, thank you Skitso for making this mod.

This is really neat, I kind of dislike that image that keeps popping up during hidden alien movement. It just doesn't look that great.

Well, the hidden movement thing is kind of classic but I think the image should be full screen.

If I had a suggestion as an alternative to this style, it would be simply to darken the entire screen with 'hidden movement' text.

If I had a suggestion as an alternative to this style, it would be simply to darken the entire screen with 'hidden movement' text.

Well, the point of this mod was to decrease the screen flashing to dark and back to make the overall visuals more calm.

Edited by Skitso

Well, the point of this mod was to decrease the screen flashing to dark and black to make the overall visuals more calm.

Yeah - I just made the modification I mentioned myself, and you're right, the dark screen is more noticeable. But I can't do away with that 'hold onto your butts' sensation when it all goes dark :) It's okay at about 64 alpha.

I wonder if there's a way to have the screen stay dimmed during civilian movement.

• 2 weeks later...

Sadly, it doesn't work on my system (XPPro). After launching, the screen goes totally black, and the game doesn't load. :(

EDIT: The modification did not work for me. The reason seems to be because I am apparently an ass. :)

And a lazy one to boot. What I did was to REPLACE the original 3 folders with mr. Skitso's ones. Not unpack in the assets folder, but replace the folders with tons of files with folders with just those few ones.

How clever.

I've learned the lesson, did it properly and the little tweak works wonders. I really, really like it. The constant popup-screen made my stomach queasy.

Thanks a ton Skitso! :)

P.S. Just started the game, played a couple missions, installed the MapPack. It takes a bit to load (old PC) but the maps are gorgeous. The aliens are not. They snuff my guys from across the map. meh. need...better..tactics..

Edited by BULIGO
Illiterate unwashed tribesman.

After playing a few hours with this mod I quite agree. It also seems to speed up the AI's turn and the game flows much better. Love it.

Agree with this. I avoiding using this mod for a while because I had a fondness for the old Hidden Movement screen, but having this mod out I don't think I'd look back.

I'm playing 1.09, and when I replace the files in the asset folder with those in the zipped file, my game crashes on launch.

I get the launcher, but when I press the "play" button, the screen pops up, but crashes before the screen does anything but be white/blank. I have tried installing twice.

Any ideas why this might be happening?

EDIT: Got it working. I must have been screwing up with my unpacking, because I just replaced each file individually and it's working!

Edited by Tubal Cain