Alien Base Crash

Every time I send my dropship to attack an Alien Base it crashes, I tried on multiple save files, and it has no problem attacking crashed ships, only Alien Bases.

It crashes during the loading screen after a couple of seconds.

Has anybody else had this problem? I am using Windows 7.

I have tried validating my game cache, there was nothing that needed to be redownloaded.

Edit: Uploaded my save file, however this also happened in another save file (I just fast forwarded a fresh game until the bases started spawning to test it again).

herpderp.sav

herpderp.sav

herpderp.sav

Edited by Fegelein

Fegelein, it crashes here because there are no soldiers assigned to your dropship. It's empty. If you put at least one soldier into it, it will not crash.

Of course it's a bug that the game crashes if you try to attack with an empty dropship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a crash on alien base.

No mods, tried to remove and redownload maps and tiles: no effect.

I use Xenonauts in stream, community edition branch.

Save attached.

FYI: I was able to attack alien bases with xnt mod, but those bases were detected by my own.

Currently I am on CE and base was revealed by locals I suppose: there was a message: hello, we have a base here, go and deal with those damn aliens :)

global map 2.sav

global map 2.sav

global map 2.sav

• 2 weeks later...

Glad this helped you, Api and thanks for sharing. Didn't help me though. Same issue: Crash on load whenever I assault an alien base. Latest drivers, 16gb of ram, etc... Great game, but unfortunately unplayable like that... Ah well... wanted to check out Beyond Earth anyway...

Edit: Just found this link in a different thread http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=5761&d=1413956591

Solved it for me.

Edited by LazyTiger

• 1 year later...

I fixed that problem with running [Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe] file instead of [Xenonauts.exe]. Both files are located at directory [C:\Program Files (x86)\Xenonauts\].

It runs the game, I went to the base and this loaded fine. I saved the game and run [Xenonauts.exe] again.

• 5 months later...

I have been having trouble with my game only loading about 15-20% when i go to take down an alien base. I have tried all the recommended solutions above but still have the same problem. 

I'm pretty sure i have included the correct save for anyone to have a look at.

Hope someone can give me an insight as to why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.

AutosaveIM2016-09-16_18.51.21.sav

• 2 years later...