Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Slam Bus Rodan

Any chance of [a race of black, humanoid crab like aliens] in the game?

70 posts in this topic

Thank you for making, what looks like from the screenshots I've seen, a great strategy game in spirit of "X-Com: UFO Defense".

Is there any current plan to include an alien race that behaves and perhaps looks similar to the Chryssalid or Tentaculat races in the X-Com series? They really brought a sense of terror to the "UFO Defense" and "Terror from the Deep".

I just played a game of "UFO Defense" the other day where I got cocky and lost 6 soldiers to Chryssalids!

Edited by Slam Bus Rodan

I think I'm a bit too sensitive but I missed "crab" in the title first time I read it and thought "WTF?!?"

A scary Chryssalid-like type of alien is planned but we don't know if they'll have the same mechanics or not.

Not really, it's supposed to be a bit of a surprise I think. Maybe they'll show up in the beta.

Exciting news for sure!

Is there a date set for the beta? I guess we won't know if any of our troopers are going to be "feeling zombiefied" until then.

Nope no date set. beta comes when its ready. The project isnt a dedicated closeknit team. Half of the programmers are working part time and not living anywhere near each other, so I think it will be hard to set any dates.

Yup, there is a Chryssalid-type alien in the game (initially I had no idea what your thread title was about, but it's clearer now). It can still zombify people but has an additional ability that is as yet unannounced.

are you guys hoping a "Chryssalid-type" or "crab-Chryssalid-type"?

the latter is more horrifying to me. ;)

Yup, there is a Chryssalid-type alien in the game (initially I had no idea what your thread title was about, but it's clearer now). It can still zombify people but has an additional ability that is as yet unannounced.

This is awesome. Game is now pre-ordered and I've downloaded build 9. I can't wait to play the full game.

I had to stop playing build 9 of the game tonight. I have work early in the morning tomorrow, but damn - the game is a lot of fun.

lol I hear ya there, Rodan. I pick up my pre-order tomorrow when I get paid.

It's worth the green. Plus, I feel like I'm contributing to the making of the game by reporting bugs and suggesting ideas.

:cool:

It can still zombify people but has an additional ability that is as yet unannounced.

My guess is that it can stagger menacingly.

Maybe it has concentrated acid for blood - don't be too close when you kill one of these things.

They mostly come at night... mostly...

now that's a fun idea. An enemy that's always in the shadows.

no twillight saga in my xenonauts!!!!!

PS. Hah! cool you can't post in all caps =P DS.

Secret secondary ability of the Reaper had better be exactly what I want it to be or I will complain loudly and repeatedly.

No idea what I want it to be but that doesn't matter just now.

I do have seen video of 3d renders of aliens(apparently sprites are created based on those) so I can find that for you if you are keen to spoil yourself :P I have faint guess which one of those is Reaper.(Really, when you see it, you'll guess its most likely that one)

Yeah I posted it to one of the threads here, remember to add a spoiler warning if you do though.

No need to spoilt it for everyone, just Gorlom :D