Randomized ranks at recruitment

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to have recruitable soldiers have random ranks (say, either PVT, CPL or SGT - nothing too high up), displayed in the list? Since I mean, otherwise if you're exclusively hiring privates (other than the soldiers you start with, anyway), it really does seem like all you're doing is either hiring people who failed their entrance exams (no combat experience), or those who were dishonourably discharged for incompetence (with combat experience). I mean, I get that the Xenonauts would have their own heirarchy where you'd have to prove yourself to rank up within, but I mean, if there's a soldier who has previously shown their competence (i.e. the RNG favoured them :P ) and has made sergeant, surely they'd be able to retain their rank.

(Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum to bring this up in! I could've sworn there used to be a 'suggestions' forum, but perhaps not!)

EDIT: Oh, and unrelated I know, but does anyone know when the Kickstarter goodies get shipped out? Completely forgot about it until now, to be honest!

Edited by Major Isoor

Not sure if this has been brought up before, but would it be possible to have recruitable soldiers have random ranks (say, either PVT, CPL or SGT - nothing too high up), displayed in the list? Since I mean, otherwise if you're exclusively hiring privates (other than the soldiers you start with, anyway), it really does seem like all you're doing is either hiring people who failed their entrance exams (no combat experience), or those who were dishonourably discharged for incompetence (with combat experience). I mean, I get that the Xenonauts would have their own heirarchy where you'd have to prove yourself to rank up within, but I mean, if there's a soldier who has previously shown their competence (i.e. the RNG favoured them :P ) and has made sergeant, surely they'd be able to retain their rank.

(Also, sorry if this is the wrong forum to bring this up in! I could've sworn there used to be a 'suggestions' forum, but perhaps not!)

EDIT: Oh, and unrelated I know, but does anyone know when the Kickstarter goodies get shipped out? Completely forgot about it until now, to be honest!

the suggestionpart of the forum was taken down when the game was released

It can't be modded. Rank is there to indicate personal progression, rather than authority, so it's more akin to levelling up and getting a fancy new title to accompany the new level. The disparity between rank and ability, as well as concerns about multiple soliders with the same rank has been brought up befor, but there hasn't been an argument that has moved Chris to change ranking structure or naming convention.