Alenium

KOKON

In russian Alen' woul be read as deer which in russian (and other slavic) slang means asshole and has a lot of even worce synonyms. This word can be applied to computer gamer very easily. Especially if he tries to get more alenium lol.

Ie this thing is called smth like assholium.

This can make the game less popular in russia. It sounds really wired :P

---

When i was going to make a computer game of my own i've invented the similar substance name:

Kronaker isotope / Kronacker isotope

May be that would be ok for Xenonauts?

Alenium is awful

Edited by KOKON

What is the etymology of your name? What does Kronaker refer to? Maybe use something with Xeno instead of alien? XenoHexium?

PS. I got the hexium part from periodic tables number 116 (113-118 are named Unun-tri/quad/pent/hex/sept/oct-ium) all of those are synthetic elements with unknown chemical properties. DS.

I wanted to invent an eivil sounding sci-fi game resource name. Doom 3 just came out. There was a dr. Betruger scintist. I wanted to have smth similar. Kronaker isotope seemed sophisticated enaugh. This is the story )).

Sounds like a german surname. Lets say this is a fictional scintist who was in charge of alien powerplant research after rosswell incident.

Xenoblabla would be too much head-on simplistic however the word Xeno itself is fun. Xeno. Give me Xeno. Xeno Isotope ^^

Edited by KOKON

KOKON, did you know that Mitsubishi has a car model named Pajero? AKA also Shogun or Montero. Did you also know what it means in spanish?

If not, check it out, you might just get surprised.. ;)

So lets not waste time thinking if some object name is bad or rude in some language, you cant possibly please every soul on this planet..

Can't help but to throw my two cents in to this. Unobtainium is actually something that is really being used.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

If you don't want to read the article yourself, it's basically a term that engineers started using in the late 1950s for any material that would perfectly fit there needs, but that does not actually exist.

That, and there days it is often used to talk about rare earths that are simply too rare to fill the growing demands for it, you can see it in newspaper headlines and the like.

I kinda like

The term Eludium (also spelled with variants such as Illudium) has been used to describe a material which has eluded attempts to develop it.

PS. KOKON: if you are going to refer to the isotope instead of the element, don't you need to clearify which isotope it is? or atleast the number of nucleons to make it relevant that it is an isotope? Are you trying to suggest it is radioactive or somesuch by calling it an isotope? I'm not sure I get the point of makeing it an isotope instead of an element as a whole. DS.

Edited by Gorlom

PS. KOKON: if you are going to refer to the isotope instead of the element, don't you need to clearify which isotope it is? or atleast the number of nucleons to make it relevant that it is an isotope? Are you trying to suggest it is radioactive or somesuch by calling it an isotope? I'm not sure I get the point of makeing it an isotope instead of an element as a whole. DS.

Isotopes are usually hard to get in sugnificant mass. This unique Kronaker Isotope is stable while contained in ufo powersource and does not require heavy screening. It is used in a cold fusuion reactor providing 340 GJ per gram or more (kerosine 46 kJ per gram). It is impossible to determine the number of it's nucleons. But it's fusion can go with hydrogen, hellium and other elements giving more and more energy but it seems that aliens use only the first two somewhy. It has an average mass around 300

Edited by KOKON

Given that its an alien element it's hard to get signigicant/sufficient amount anyway since you are dependand on the aliens for aquesition of it. If you cant determine the number of nucleons you cant really defend the stance that it is an isotope imo. Do you imagine the aliens to have refined the element and extracted the isotope by itself or are you imageinging that the isotope is mixed up with the rest of the element like in real life?

Your isotope is the only isotope I've heard of that has a unique name for a particular isotope. every other isotope is the element and a number.

You know what. Nevermind I'v vented enough about the issues with it being an isotope. I'm not going to be able to change your mind and it's not even relevant.

Do you imagine the aliens to have refined the element and extracted the isotope by itself or are you imageinging that the isotope is mixed up with the rest of the element like in real life?

The most sophisticatad way i imagine this:

All elements sync change in the course of time among Kronaker isiotope group.

microsec 1 - all elements in the universe - isotope 303

microsec 2 - isotope 301

microsec 3 - isotope 308

microsec 4 - isotope 297

Scintists can not understand the nature of this effect and how so heavy element can survive more then nanosecond but they found out logics of it's multistep cycle. Some isotopes would produce cold fusion with hydrogen the rest would produce hot fusion. When the fusion is complete it turns into isotope with a greater number and can be used again. The general mass reduces insagnificantly.

Edited by KOKON