Xtended Soldiers Backgrounds

Pinetree

I think it'd be funny if you made, like, one soldier from the smaller countries (or the fictional ones, wherever it may be). That, or just give them a really low chance to pop up, however it works. That way we can still have the hidden easter egg and the "lolz", but not detract from the game at all.

(That being said, Ocelot from MGS3 would be awesome to put in. That'd make me very happy. Or I could just mod it myself, somehow. I could probably figure it out.)

While I'd love to see Mr Tinman from Oz, Conan from Cimmeria or even Mr Gruntfuttock from Peasmoldia, they are alas fictional, or reality challenged, as we say so as not to offend those with a tenuous grasp of things. So, instead...

The Gilberts!

or Kiribati

They got Independence in 1979, just in time to be enslaved by aliens. Tough luck chaps!

No worries, mate.

You know, considering we have versions of many of ourselves and the dev team in there somewhere, why couldn't we have the occasional fictional character in there, as a joke? It'd be probable that no one would find them, unless they knew what they were looking for. I think it'd be fun, as easter-eggs generally are.

The though flashed across my mind this morning. Then I took one look at the face of a Xenonaut. The expression of sheer glumness did not lend itself to someone who was born in Shangri-La. Seen it burned to the ground perhaps...

How long would it be before we had forum posts stating that the scarecrow from the wizard of Oz should be more susceptible to Flammenwerfers? :)

I think it'd be funny if you made, like, one soldier from the smaller countries (or the fictional ones, wherever it may be). That, or just give them a really low chance to pop up, however it works. That way we can still have the hidden easter egg and the "lolz", but not detract from the game at all.

(That being said, Ocelot from MGS3 would be awesome to put in. That'd make me very happy. Or I could just mod it myself, somehow. I could probably figure it out.)

Having a single character would be cool. It is possible to get a single character into the game using soldiernames.xml, you could set up a nation with only one first name and one surname. You can have multiple nations with the same name, it's how I get French-Canadians and Canadians into the game, for example. The only problem is it would repeat as soon as that nation is selected again. I'm also pretty sure that the generation chances for a nation can only be whole numbers so even with a chance of "1" there's a fairly good chance it would generate again.

Actually, I thought someone called Milo had posted a country to get onto page 5. So, that would be a no to the movie reference for me :)

um, country names...New Hebrides - around in 1979, although only independent in 1980 when it became Vanuatu. Soldiers from here would fight in the Coconut Wars, but alas this was also in 1980.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The poster who is the first on what Pinetree sees as his/her page 5 becomes a human sacrifice to ward of the alien invasion. And hey! Guess what GizmoGomez.... GizmoGomez?....

From post #125

Okay, lets have some fun. Post the nation you want in the next version of the mod and whoever gets the first post on page 5 will win. If it appears to you that the winner is not the first post then please be aware that my forum settings may be different to yours so it is solely from my POV.

edit: Oh yeah, the nation has to be one that existed in 1979.

• 1 month later...

Here's Hoping for the end of Page 5 - Just for fun. •The first black-led government of Rhodesia in 90 years takes power on June 1st and the countries name is changed to Zimbabwe - That happened in 1979... lol (Random Google searches are fun)