Xenonauts V1.01 Released!

This is a small update for Xenonauts V1.0, intended to fix some of the stability issues (it also corrects a couple of very minor things in the game). It should not break save games.

It is initially being released only on the Experimental Branch so please read the linked thread to sign into that if you want to test it. If the build fixes more problems than it causes, we'll push it out to the Stable branch in a couple of days.

CHANGELOG:

• Autosave at the start of a mission has been re-enabled.
  • The bug where you could not click on certain unrevealed tiles to move there has now been fixed.
  • The vehicle hitboxes are no longer "left behind" when a vehicle sights an alien.
  • Receiving items simultaneously to two separate bases no longer stops the UI responding.
  • The Quick Throw UI panel in the ground combat (i.e. the grenade slot) no longer shows the incorrect TU amount.
  • A couple of Xenopedia typos fixed.
  • We've put Skitso's black door cursor in the game instead of the old one, as it matches the game style much better.
  • A couple of door sprites that were impassable when destroyed have now been fixed too.

We know that this patch does not address the most problematic bugs in the game - most notably the invulnerable alien bug and the Soldier Equip screen crash. Hopefully they'll be fixed soon (they're both a little tricky to track down, but we'll keep at it) along with some of the other less-common issues in the game...so expect another update in a couple of days.

Damn that didn't take long. Hope you guys can lock it down soon!
I do too, but I much rather GH fix all the game killers then release on time and get bad reviews because the game is "buggy". That kills sales. The good news is that it looks VERY close now. Only a few bad bugs to squash.

Can we learn what files were altered please? I have installed many mods thinking there won't be builds for a while, I don't want to break them.

Looking at the changes, the only moddable file I'd have expected to have changed will be the Xenopedia file.

Yeah, scanning the 'last modified' dates on the files suggests that's the only one.

Yeah, that was the only change. Anyway, it'd be good if people would let us know if they experience any extra bugs with this build.

The press coverage has already started, which means people are buying the game and experiencing it in its buggy state. So the more we can fix up and the sooner we can do it, the better. This patch going on the Stable branch would be a reasonable first step.

Firstly, Congratulations to the whole Goldhawk Team on the 1.0 version/release!!!

I saw the announcement yesterday and was thinking "Awesome, time to start a new game :)." , then this morning saw a update through the experimental branch. I'm still starting a new game today so I'll let you know ASAP if I find anything (note: I'm still keeping to the experimental branch).

Just so I know for sure, I don't need to report on the "Invulnerable Alien Bug and the Soldier Equip Screen Crash", correct? Just anything else I might find. Just making sure so I don't hunt bugs already known about.

Yeah, that was the only change. Anyway, it'd be good if people would let us know if they experience any extra bugs with this build.

The press coverage has already started, which means people are buying the game and experiencing it in its buggy state. So the more we can fix up and the sooner we can do it, the better. This patch going on the Stable branch would be a reasonable first step.

will there be a topic on the forums with the press releases? and fixing things is always a good thing :)

Some times alien moves are like fast forwarded and this can lead to interesting results like them being able to squeeze an additional shot in before my reactions or shooting a target that they already killed. it's like the game plays too fast and the AI makes desicions too slow.

Edited by Skitso

Some times alien moves are like fast forwarded and this can lead to interesting results like them being able to squeeze an additional shot in before my reactions or shooting a target that they already killed. it's like the game plays too fast and the AI makes desicions too slow.

EDIT: Actually, now I think about it, this is actually sounding like something different. Never mind.

EDIT: Also, don't know if this is an issue or not, but it's possible to skip Jackal armour and go straight to Wolf.

Edited by kabill

Could you detail on this or do you have a save? Because it sounds truly bizarre.

Could you detail on this or do you have a save? Because it sounds truly bizarre.

I don't have any saves unfortunately. It happens seemingly random, but quite often (like every second or third GC, some times subtle, some times the effect really screws your game). It could be just few single shots they take blend into a burst as if the action is sped up, or maybe they warp a little etc. but some times, when for example the ufo door opens, the whole alien crew might shoot my units standing outside in a fraction on a second. It's a scary effect, let me tell ya! I'm sure it has something to do with the shroud teleporting as most often this happens when alien pops out of a door or ufo.

Edited by Skitso

First of all I'm loving Xenonauts! It's exactly what I've been after for a number of years. I've been playing for a few months now on the experimental builds and it's been fantastic.

I don't know if it's already been reported, but yesterday I was playing release 1.0 on the stable branch and hit a crash. I'd finished a mission and was flying back. I opened up the save screen to save the game, but then changed my mind and wanted to keep playing so hit Cancel. That crashed it.

I haven't tried to repro and unfortunately don't have a save that could reproduce it, but wanted to just give you folks a heads up in case it hadn't been reported before.

I think I'm seeing something similar. My new favorite tactic is throwing a grenade into a UFO, shutting the door and hearing the reaction fire bounce around inside.

As for the invincible alien bug I saw it once, but it triggered reaction fire when it moved.

If it's useful to know for the purposes of rolling out the patch fully, I was playing for a few hours last night using 1.01 and had no issues at all. (I seem to be quite lucky at the moment - no bugs or CTDs at all since v1.0 was released! Not even an equipment screen CTD.)