Any chance of not having to use Desura?

e1ain3s

I'll ask the Desura guys how long until their standalone installer software is ready to use. That means you won't have to go through their client.

Good to know. I'm fine with stand-alones, but as an avid Steam user, I'd rather not have multiple clients installed. It just seems like excess clutter.

I am, however, installing Desura now. This game looks too amazing to wait to try.

Now if only there was an Android version of it some day. :) Alright, I know, that's getting a bit too ahead of things!

I was a little dismayed at the choice of Desura (being a exclusive user of steam as are some of you)...but after installing it (because I need to play this game :) )... i kind of like the types of games they have. Mostly indie stuff. Stuff you wouldnt really find on steam.

That said, I would still prefer steam over desura because id rather not have 2 clients installed plus steam has a much larger player base so the exposure to the game is that much greater.

Id say that most people have heard of steam, and prior to this ive never heard of desura...i can only assume the same goes for a lot more people.

That said, I would still prefer steam over desura because id rather not have 2 clients installed plus steam has a much larger player base so the exposure to the game is that much greater.

Id say that most people have heard of steam, and prior to this ive never heard of desura...i can only assume the same goes for a lot more people.

I have heard of Desura before so my impression is that a lot of other people have too (it's still pretty new though) but who knows. In any case, if you really want to play the alpha/beta builds you can bear with Desura for a while and delete it later on when you receive the Steam key.

• 1 month later...

actually i am also quite reluctant to agreed & lying on 3rd-party game management software to govern my game.

after all, isn't we should get all the conveniences by paying the real bucks?

but in contrary, nowadays paying for original games means "handcuffing ourself, sit inside a jail, and have a policeman staring at you".

whereas if playing pirated version of the game, after copying everything from the crack folder, and you are done, no question ask, no on-line DRM, no 3rd-party mgmt software...

i just want my game to work even after the 3rd-party game management software company goes bankrupt... :rolleyes:

What's wrong exactly with Desura? I can understand those who don't want to install another thing like steam, and this is only temporary until the game is released and you get a steam key. But for those who just don't like desura, why? What's the problem? And how is having the game updated automatically for you like

"handcuffing ourself, sit inside a jail, and have a policeman staring at you".

I don't think the software you have will just stop working if desura goes bankrupt...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm haveing problems with Desura ... apparantly they dont want to accept my VISA card. They claim they dont support the card despite it being in the drop down list?

Haveing issues with paypal as well atm. (messed up registration in such a way that i cant put in money on it)

Just preordered the game. I'm also hoping for a standalone preview installer - I have nothing against Desura in particular, but one more DRM system on my PC is one DRM system too much.

Considering that Desura allows me to disconnect my ADSL, dump the game onto a thumb drive and start it up from there, I don't view it as an intrusive DRM platform.

Considering that Desura allows me to disconnect my ADSL, dump the game onto a thumb drive and start it up from there, I don't view it as an intrusive DRM platform.

Yes, and there are many others which allow you to do the same. That was not my point.