PDA

View Full Version : Site Issues

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Dale
29-04-09, 20:53
Please report any site issues you find here. :)

http://redsarmy.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/difficulties.jpg

Jack Hawksmoor
29-04-09, 21:00
I'll repeat myself.

-Disable animated gifs for social groups profiles.

ainwood
29-04-09, 21:18
The "contains new posts" forum / thread icons don't seem to be updating properly (or maybe its a time / frequency thing).

vyeh
29-04-09, 21:26
Thanks for fixing the autocensoring! I can say popular and participation now.

Jack Hawksmoor
29-04-09, 21:38
I'll repeat myself once again. :)

-custom PM folder do not function properly

I can move threads to a custom folder (other than subscribed) but that action does not appear for PMs.

Dale
29-04-09, 21:46
I'll repeat myself once again. :)

-custom PM folder do not function properly

I can move threads to a custom folder (other than subscribed) but that action does not appear for PMs.

I didn't hear the first time to be honest. :p

Dale
29-04-09, 21:47
I'll repeat myself.

-Disable animated gifs for social groups profiles.

This one's in discussion.

Jack Hawksmoor
29-04-09, 21:48
I didn't hear the first time to be honest. :p

Solver did. :p

Maniac
29-04-09, 22:51
Thanks for fixing the autocensoring! I can say popular and participation now.

I will never be able to think of the word circumstance in the same way again. :scared:

Jack Hawksmoor
29-04-09, 22:53
:lol:

I somehow assumed that the same goes for user profiles and group profiles regarding avatars.

Edit - we don't have a :lol: smiley?

GrandpaTroll
29-04-09, 23:47
I have yet to get an instant email notification, but have it checked?

(no email notifications at all, to be exact)

Thanks in advance!

Gramps

GrandpaTroll
30-04-09, 00:45
Are gifs not allowed file extensions for avatars?

Also, Im sure you will get it taken care of, the save games file extensions, so we can post for succession games which I hope to get some interested sparked in.

Thanks in advance!

Gramps

Buster's Uncle
30-04-09, 02:07
http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=203&postcount=35
...Reported there because I was afraid of being shut out if I navigated away, but not to worry; just temporary.

Metaliturtle
30-04-09, 03:06
Testing which words are swears here

ass

Wow A S H E R is censored?

DarkCloud
30-04-09, 03:15
Really? Test--- Asher --- no, that's not censored.

Metaliturtle
30-04-09, 03:16
Just trying to be funny... :(

DarkCloud
30-04-09, 03:50
...Anyone can tag a thread? Perhaps this should only be allowed for Staff and Administrators to prevent someone writing a silly tag?

Metaliturtle
30-04-09, 03:51
look at 'em all!

DarkCloud
30-04-09, 03:53
Site Issue: Try typing an allcaps word as the first word in a thread. It automatically changes to small letters.

Alinestra Covelia
30-04-09, 03:57
Is there a way to get a list of subscribed threads, without manually subscribing to every thread I post in?

Right now I'm using http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/search.php?searchid=89 as my surrogate to check if any of the threads I posted in are updated.

Alinestra Covelia
30-04-09, 03:57
And the "first word caps to lowercase" is present in Poly as well. The "Qft" lowercasing is in evidence there too.

DarkCloud
30-04-09, 04:00
So bizarre.

Dale
30-04-09, 04:05
Really? Test--- Asher --- no, that's not censored.

Damn! It's not working? I'll have to go re-add it. :p

Dale
30-04-09, 04:06
Is there a way to get a list of subscribed threads, without manually subscribing to every thread I post in?

Right now I'm using http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/search.php?searchid=89 as my surrogate to check if any of the threads I posted in are updated.

Top of the page, "Quick Links" then click "Subscribed Threads". :)

ainwood
30-04-09, 04:07
vBulletin options | Message posting & editing options |

Prevent SHOUTING:

Prevent your users 'shouting' in their thread titles/message text by changing all-uppercase titles with at least this many characters to capitalization only on the first letters of some words.

Set the value to 0 to disable this function.

Disable this for some international forums with different character sets, as this may cause problems.

Dale
30-04-09, 04:07
http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=203&postcount=35
...Reported there because I was afraid of being shut out if I navigated away, but not to worry; just temporary.

Yeah we know about that one. Chmod 000 doesn't work too well on the /forum directory. :DD

Buster's Uncle
30-04-09, 04:48
I just added a tag. You're it!

Metaliturtle
30-04-09, 04:49
Get ye into the harem with the others!

Alinestra Covelia
30-04-09, 05:07
Top of the page, "Quick Links" then click "Subscribed Threads". :)

At this time, the forum does not automagically subscribe users to threads they've posted in, so going to that link (for me) brings up an empty screen :(

I have found another way to bring up all threads I've posted in, though. Click on your username in the upper right, next to Welcome.

Then click on Statistics tab.

Then find all posts by.

And you're done!

Penry
30-04-09, 06:34
Don't seem to be able to right click 'Post Quick Reply' or 'Go Advanced' to open in a new tab or window.....

Solver
30-04-09, 12:50
If you mean the two buttons under this quick reply window, I think you can never click those into a new tab on any forum, these are typical form buttons and can't be opened in a new tab as such.

Man, we haven't gone public yet and I'm already having trouble following all the stuff that's being posted.

Buster's Uncle
30-04-09, 17:06
I exchanged a few PMs after I joking accused someone of flaming me last night. When I click yes on the auto-notification pop-up, it goes away forever and I have to go the the PM manually.

No big, but now you know.

vyeh
30-04-09, 17:38
When I edited my post (780), the button read "Vote now" instead of "Save." It still worked.

Metaliturtle
01-05-09, 00:20
good vote :b:

Penry
01-05-09, 06:48
I've got a huge issue!!! :rant:

Far too many interesting posts to read before work this morning, while I was eating my breakfast!!!

And now I come home to a shed load more!!!!

And I'm still reading the excess from this morning!!!!

And it's my turn to cook tonight!!!!

AND it's American Idol tonight!!!!
(I only watch it to keep FeMme company........) :cute:

Penry
01-05-09, 06:49
:relief:

That feels better........ ;)

Nugog
01-05-09, 06:53
:lol:

Metaliturtle
01-05-09, 13:09
:b:

Nikolai
01-05-09, 14:55
*.rar uploads are not accepted.

Buster's Uncle
01-05-09, 17:57
More on the PM auto-notification box. I had one from rassin' frassin' G-pa T when I came back from lunch, and for once I wasn't in the middle of posting, so I clicked cancel, and it took me to the PM in the same window, like it's supposed to. I replied, and when I went back to the SMAC forum, it notified me instantly of a PM from same. I did same, and it wasn't a really fast response, but his last again. I repeated the experience several times.

I ran here to report. I like the PM auto-notification, but it's slightly broke. I'll keep you posted.

Hail the Troll.

Solver
01-05-09, 18:24
*.rar uploads are not accepted.

Added

DarkCloud
01-05-09, 18:31
Just throwing this out here again so it doesn't get lost... ";)" should be yellow and not 3D. Please.

:(

Bloody Monk
01-05-09, 23:23
Glad to see that the background color is blue...not green!!

On another front... I'm not receiving email notifications of new posts in subscribed threads. Maybe that's a good thing what with all the traffic here. I had gotten used to the "Poly Pace" of things. Still, it would be nice.

Monk

Solver
01-05-09, 23:39
I just tweaked the way the forum sends out emails, let me know if that fixes things for you.

Buster's Uncle
02-05-09, 00:49
I got a PM an hour or so ago- without any auto-notification. Didn't notice it for 20 minutes. The notification at the top of the page needs to be larger or something, absent the pop-up- a place 'poly has it all over CFC, and here at Playahville. Care to to discuss what the deal is?

eastsidebagel
02-05-09, 15:11
Somebody should finally take the time to change the format name from the questions-raising vbDrupal to to the unambigious weplayciv.com. Also some further shortcuts, right at the Google search results under the link to this site, e.g. to the forum or to the "About us"-page would be nice to see.

Buster's Uncle
02-05-09, 16:13
This morning, the auto-notification pop-ups are back. I believe the new window option still isn't working, but am not sure, and it's still nagging me after I've seen the PM.

Bloody Monk
02-05-09, 17:09
I just tweaked the way the forum sends out emails, let me know if that fixes things for you.

Still nothing, not even a thanks for registering notification. I have checked and everything is ticked to receive emails and my ISP says they don't block anyone. Basically, everything is set up as at Poly.

Thanks,
Monk :clover:

Solver
02-05-09, 17:13
Yep, I've found the problem. And sadly no, doesn't mean that it's fixed yet ;) Definitely working on it.

Buster's Uncle
02-05-09, 20:04
Got another PM a few hours back, and the new window option didn't work.

ainwood
03-05-09, 10:32
I've noticed a couple of times that I've failed to connect to the site.

Oerdin
03-05-09, 10:36
Me too. In fact from about 1:45am to 2:30 am PST the site was not online or so the message said.

Dale
03-05-09, 10:41
Yes we had a server outage. Apologies for that. I contacted our hosting company and they had the server back online within 5 mins of me logging the support call.

Great to know the support response is so fast. :)

ainwood
03-05-09, 10:48
That's pretty fast - good to test the hosting company and know the level of support you're going to get. :b:

Locutus
03-05-09, 10:54
Yes, very impressive especially considering it's ~3 AM in BC (where our server is located)...

Locutus
03-05-09, 10:58
I see it happened shortly after CFC posted a news item about us, did we get slashdotted? :D

ainwood
03-05-09, 11:00
Maybe it was a conspiracy to take you down? :cute:

Locutus
03-05-09, 12:13
Wha...? TREASON!!! We've been betrayed!! You back-stabbing bastards!! This means WAR!

:tank:

Buster's Uncle
03-05-09, 17:02
We have Maniac. They lose.

ainwood
03-05-09, 21:08
Wha...? TREASON!!! We've been betrayed!! You back-stabbing bastards!! This means WAR!

:tank:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/spearvstank.gif

eastsidebagel
03-05-09, 21:16
http://forums.civfanatics.com/images/smilies/spearvstank.gif
Should totally be included as a smiley!

Sergeant P. A. Muldoon
03-05-09, 21:29
Nah, it is a Civ3 meme, ooooold.

eastsidebagel
03-05-09, 21:37
Nah, it is a Civ3 meme, ooooold.
But it still possesses some valid meaning in regard to Civ4, or in a broader sense, winning against a far superior unit despite having no real chances at all.

Sergeant P. A. Muldoon
03-05-09, 21:40
perhaps

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 14:14
I came up with a question: Does every banned or perma-banned user automatically receives the custom user title "Banned" or does it depend on the mod who banned him in the first place?

Nikolai
04-05-09, 14:24
I tried to upload the SMAC patch, but the file type is not allowed. It's an .exe.

Solver
04-05-09, 14:29
I came up with a question: Does every banned or perma-banned user automatically receives the custom user title "Banned" or does it depend on the mod who banned him in the first place?

I don't particularly like that, fixed.

I tried to upload the SMAC patch, but the file type is not allowed. It's an .exe.

Now you can.

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 14:31
I don't particularly like that, fixed.
Nicely done. :)
Of course I was refering to Krill.

Nikolai
04-05-09, 14:37
Thanks Solver, quick to the rescue as always.:)

Buster's Uncle
04-05-09, 15:14
Please don't.

Feeding.

Nikolai
04-05-09, 15:33
The [q] tag doesn't work...

GrandpaTroll
04-05-09, 15:47
The [q] tag doesn't work...

Try using QUOTE with the appropriate tags Brother Nikolai, and welcome to our humble home!

Gramps

Nikolai
04-05-09, 15:51
I know of the quote tag Gramps.:p But the shortened [q] tag is much more handy, and I use it much if available.

Thanks for the welcome, but I must point out I've been here for some days now...:)

Nikolai
04-05-09, 15:55
Would it be possible to enlarge the limit of posts per page in a thread to 100? I loved that feature when it was still available on poly. 50 is much, but 100 is better.:)

Solver
04-05-09, 16:04
Would it be possible to enlarge the limit of posts per page in a thread to 100? I loved that feature when it was still available on poly. 50 is much, but 100 is better.:)

Sure, why not?

Nikolai
04-05-09, 16:09
Great.:):b:

A quick question: How long does it take for new files to get approved, normally? Would be fine to know.:)

vyeh
04-05-09, 16:11

I think this is a legitimate site issue:

I was trying to find Krill's post. So I went to the member's list and he wasn't listed.

I remembered the "please delete this account" thread and found a post of his and I was able to see his posts (is the deletion of the account a joke by Dale or is it the nicest moderator action post I've ever seen).

Dale [URL=http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4227&postcount=14]said:

"Krill's account is disabled, but we can enable it again if he wishes to post here."

Back to the site issue. Even if a user is banned, could we leave them in the member's list so we can still find their posts?

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 16:17
Back to the site issue. Even if a user is banned, could we leave them in the member's list so we can still find their posts?
So does that mean that Krill's original account is now really deleted forever? I thought that Dale just enabled it until Krill himself would give approval of opening it up again.

vyeh
04-05-09, 16:22
I don't think it is deleted forever, since I could access his posts once I found his avatar.

I think the member's lists excludes banned accounts.

And I'm not sure he is really banned (if he can get back in by asking, that doesn't seem to be a ban).

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 16:37
And I'm not sure he is really banned (if he can get back in by asking, that doesn't seem to be a ban).
That's at least the explaination which Solver (or was is Locust?) gave today about Krill's account. I don't know very much about this either.

Solver
04-05-09, 16:54
Great.:):b:

A quick question: How long does it take for new files to get approved, normally? Would be fine to know.:)

Depends on the weather over here, whether I am eating, working or not, etc ;)

And Krill's account has been banned as per his own request. He can always ask to be unbanned if he wants to in the future.

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 17:04
How do you approach the issue of spam-bots then ? Will they become automatically deleted in an ultimate sense, so that nobody could ever make a successful plea to open them up again and to use them in a normal fashion?
And are banned users (temporarily as well as as permanent) always absent from the member list?

Solver
04-05-09, 21:06
Did some of you start receiving email notifications as of a few hours ago? I know certain individuals still don't, but Aeson, Illuminatus, you guys getting something?

Solver
04-05-09, 21:13
How do you approach the issue of spam-bots then ? Will they become automatically deleted in an ultimate sense, so that nobody could ever make a successful plea to open them up again and to use them in a normal fashion?
And are banned users (temporarily as well as as permanent) always absent from the member list?

Obviously only the account's owner can request an unban, if that was a voluntary ban. Spambots get banned and their names get logged. Besides, they're bots, it's not like they're going to write the admins a PM.

vBulletin removes banned users from the member list by default, yes

ainwood
04-05-09, 21:15
How do you approach the issue of spam-bots then ? They treat you and Sgt P.A. Muldoon just like any other posters. :cute:

Edit: You guys need a strikethough tag.

double edit: Changed cfc smily to WPC one.

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 22:11
Obviously only the account's owner can request an unban, if that was a voluntary ban. Spambots get banned and their names get logged.
What exactly does that mean when you say that their names are locked (was that a typo in your post?). Like their accounts are totally nullified and cease to exist? And if yes, would a "human" user ever get the same treatment, so-to-say as an even more severe punishment than a perm-ban?
Sorry if my questions sound silly, but I'm really curious about this.

They treat you and Sgt P.A. Muldoon just like any other posters. :mischief:
Sod off ainwood, I'm right now banned from CFC anyways! :D

Solver
04-05-09, 22:35
I said logged, not locked. As in, we write down their names for reference. The treatment spambots get is that all their posts get deleted and the account is permanently banned. Of course, deleting all the posts on an account is something that would only get done to spam accounts.

Jack Hawksmoor
04-05-09, 22:37
Did some of you start receiving email notifications as of a few hours ago? I know certain individuals still don't, but Aeson, Illuminatus, you guys getting something?
I've started getting email notifications after couple of hours last Tuesday (but not immediately after setting the on and posting). There is at least 500 notifications in my inbox. :)

Nikolai
04-05-09, 22:40
And you read all of them?:p Why do you want to get notices on everything that is going on here?:)

eastsidebagel
04-05-09, 22:46
I said logged, not locked. As in, we write down their names for reference. The treatment spambots get is that all their posts get deleted and the account is permanently banned. Of course, deleting all the posts on an account is something that would only get done to spam accounts.
Thanks for answering my questions, Solver. :)

And you read all of them?:p Why do you want to get notices on everything that is going on here?:)
That way I can stalk all of you guys much easier...:devil:

Bloody Monk
05-05-09, 00:55

:woohoo::rockon:

Thanks for fixing this, Solver. What did it entail?? I ask because I have the same problem at CFC. Now I'm being flooded with notifications...I had forgotten what it was like being on an active site. :b::b: to WPC!!

Monk

Buster's Uncle
05-05-09, 02:20
I'm getting email notification as of sometime yesterday.

Nugog
05-05-09, 02:22
I purposely turn it off.

Buster's Uncle
05-05-09, 02:33
Say, display issue: I've been seeing some threads with new posts- especially here and OT when they've been busy- NOT bolded. I've noticed since yesterday.

That can't be anything good...

Jack Hawksmoor
05-05-09, 10:28
You've ruined the tags feature. :shame: :sadnod:

Penry
05-05-09, 10:34
I hope they give it back once things quieten down a bit.........

Penry
05-05-09, 10:53
Is there any way to change the date formatting to dd-mm-yyyy??

It's been a loooooooong day......

Solver
05-05-09, 15:06
:woohoo::rockon:

Thanks for fixing this, Solver. What did it entail?? I ask because I have the same problem at CFC. Now I'm being flooded with notifications...I had forgotten what it was like being on an active site. :b::b: to WPC!!

Monk

Most mail servers were rejecting emails sent from the WPC server because there were no reverse DNS entries. We added a rDNS record linking our site's IP to the mail server and the problem was fixed as soon as the changes propagated.

Nikolai
05-05-09, 20:54
The site doesn't like Chrome. So far today, I've logged in for two sessions with Chrome on the same computer. For those two sessions, I've logged in 15-20 times. Each time successful, but except two times for nothing; I wasn't logged in after the welcome message.

Alexander
05-05-09, 21:04
The site doesn't like Chrome. So far today, I've logged in for two sessions with Chrome on the same computer. For those two sessions, I've logged in 15-20 times. Each time successful, but except two times for nothing; I wasn't logged in after the welcome message.

I've occasionally had this problem as well, except with Mozilla Firefox.

MMC
05-05-09, 21:08
Not surprising since Chrome and Firefox came from the same base (Google had to start somewhere).

eastsidebagel
05-05-09, 21:15
Solver, when are you gonna change the site title "vbDrupal" to "WePlayCiv"?

MMC
05-05-09, 21:31
When someone tells him how, most likely...

Also, it takes time for Google to update it's cache.

Buster's Uncle
06-05-09, 21:39
http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8052&postcount=55

I think I've disovered a very serious oversight...

MMC
06-05-09, 21:50
For the record, ****** should NOT be censored

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2216/2220459531_b4e528d6f2.jpg?v=0

Very tasty. One of my favourites actually.

Locutus
06-05-09, 21:55
Also, it takes time for Google to update it's cache.

Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner ;) I think it's updated now though.

I think I've disovered a very serious oversight...

We copied Apolyton's censor list, and I don't think those words ever became an issue there. But now that you've called attention to it I guess we have no choice -- thanks for that ;)

Jack Hawksmoor
06-05-09, 21:59
Did you mean: weplaytv (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B2DVFC_enHR204HR204&ei=5_kBSur3D4ewsAauwYjzDg&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=weplaytv&spell=1)

Search Results

vbDrupal (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/../)

Fansite forums for Civilization computer game series.
www.weplayciv.com/ - 17k - Cached (http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:6cxxB7w7BxAJ:www.weplayciv.com/+weplayciv&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk) - Similar pages (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B2DVFC_enHR204HR204&q=related:www.weplayciv.com/) -
SMAC on TvTropes - WePlayCiv Forums (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4)

User Control Panel, Private Messages, Subscriptions, Who's Online, Search Forums, Forums Home, WePlayCiv, Site Feedback & Community ...
www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4 - 50k - Cached (http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:JrvoCfdLXEIJ:www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D4+weplayciv&cd=2&hl=en&ct=clnk) - Similar pages (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B2DVFC_enHR204HR204&q=related:www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D4) -
More results from www.weplayciv.com (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B2DVFC_enHR204HR204&q=+site:www.weplayciv.com+weplayciv)
Announcing WePlayCiv! - Apolyton Civilization Site Forums (http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185259)

5 posts - 5 authors - Last post: 3 days ago
Announcing WePlayCiv! Civ4 General. ... WePlayCiv will be a place where everyone who has an active interest in Civilization games can feel ...
apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185259 - 70k - Cached (http://209.85.129.132/search?q=cache:LfKQsGKPQEAJ:apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D185259+weplayciv&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk) - Similar pages (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1B2DVFC_enHR204HR204&q=related:apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php%3Ft%3D185259) -

lemonhead
06-05-09, 22:00
Weird, I see it updated since today.

MMC
06-05-09, 22:06
Looks fine to me...

Nikolai
06-05-09, 23:23
Works here.

Locutus
06-05-09, 23:25
Google results may vary based on your location. If it hasn't updated for you yet, it'll likely happen soon.

Buster's Uncle
06-05-09, 23:40
Testing.... Locutus, you ******* ****** ******, good work.

In addition to busy subforums not bolding all the threads with new posts, I'm getting a lot of jumping past the first unread post in busy threads when I click "view first unread" -sometimes by several pages. I use that function a lot, and it's very annoying to have it broke about half the time.

The last PM I got late last night didn't give me an auto notification, and the open in a new window function is still broken. The later is not a big issue as long as I get the auto-notifications or the display at the top of the page gets a lot harder to miss.

Anything you guys want to share on this?

Nugog
07-05-09, 01:01
Arcade games!

Really!

How on earth am I supposed to get any work done now?

vyeh
07-05-09, 15:07
Found out the hard way the site requires 60 seconds between reporting posts when there were multiple spam threads on Site Feedback by Toobregor

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1913

Can we cut that time down?

It only takes 30 seconds between posts.

How about 10 seconds or make it 60 seconds between reporting the same post (to prevent inadvertent double clicking)?

Lancer
07-05-09, 15:08
If you guys need help deleting stuff like this when I see it, please let me know. Is this an individual or a bot and is there any way to tell the difference?

vyeh
07-05-09, 15:12
It always helps to hit the report button (the ! inside the triangle under the name of the poster).

Since I particularly hate seeing these thread titles, I also tend to send PMs to moderator types.

I hate obnoxious porn type messages.

The subtle ad for viagra was so funny that it got great responses before and after it was sent to OT.

Buster's Uncle
07-05-09, 15:33
You've ruined the tags feature. :shame: :sadnod:
It wasn't me. I'm only guilty of a handful of silly tags. Gamera did it.

Locutus
07-05-09, 17:49
Found out the hard way the site requires 60 seconds between reporting posts when there were multiple spam threads on Site Feedback by Toobregor

I think someone else already fixed this because when I check it was set to 30. It's the same number as for sending PMs unfortunately so we can't make it too low or we might get a problem with PM spam.

If you guys need help deleting stuff like this when I see it, please let me know. Is this an individual or a bot and is there any way to tell the difference?

We'll be fine for now but will let you know when we need help.

There isn't really a way to tell the difference usually, although usually you can assume it's a bot, which in this case seems very likely as well.

vyeh
07-05-09, 17:59
For some reason, I am no longer getting a pop up for new PM. I haven't changed any settings on my computer or browser.

Buster's Uncle
07-05-09, 19:31
Ditto.

It seems to not auto-notify sometimes after I made the redundant notifications for previous PM's I already read go away....

vyeh
07-05-09, 19:38
I was posting this

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9078&postcount=53

I got the message the site requires 30 seconds between posts. Try again in 30 seconds.

I went to check and the post had already been posted.

It was this kind of behavior that led to many (duplicate) double posts at 'poly.

This is the first time I've noticed it at WPC.

Edit: I got the same message for this post.

vyeh
07-05-09, 19:46
Separate issue: I got a vBulletin message that the site was down for maintenance. It went away after 5 minutes. I assume this isn't part of the wiki installation since the red letters are still at the top.

Edit: red letters are gone. I guess it was.

vyeh
07-05-09, 19:59
Again the message about waiting when but it had already been posted:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9093&postcount=31

Edit: and for this post

Nikolai
07-05-09, 20:03
I was posting this

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9078&postcount=53

I got the message the site requires 30 seconds between posts. Try again in 30 seconds.

I went to check and the post had already been posted.

It was this kind of behavior that led to many (duplicate) double posts at 'poly.

This is the first time I've noticed it at WPC.

Edit: I got the same message for this post.

Me too, only with 29 sec. I clicked only once.

vyeh
07-05-09, 20:04
Again this forum ... 30 seconds. ... try again in 29 seconds

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=40

vyeh
07-05-09, 20:28
Again:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=153

Edit: Including this post.

Nikolai
07-05-09, 20:36
I think they've got the idea...;)

Metaliturtle
07-05-09, 20:37
What a sneaky way to get +1s

vyeh
07-05-09, 20:41
Again: 30 seconds ... 29 seconds

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=215

Metaliturtle: It is always legitimate to report site issues in the site issues thread. If I didn't post all the places the problem was occurring, how could they figure out what is happening.

Nikolai
07-05-09, 20:51
A site issue doesn't only affect one thread you know.:)

vyeh
07-05-09, 21:05
No it doesn't, but maybe they can tell something from the location and it seems to keep happening in this thread.

It happens to me about one out of two times.

It just happened here:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9193&postcount=39

Edit: and again with this post.

One way to see if other people are having this problem is to see if there starts being a bunch of identical double post. Because of my experience at 'poly, I never resubmit a reply without checking in another window whether the reply went through. I suspect others won't do the same.

And I'm not sure they've gotten the message yet. Wait until you see Loc say he knows what is going on or he is puzzled.

vyeh
07-05-09, 21:19
Again:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=149

Edit: it did not happen with this post.

Dale
07-05-09, 22:06
Again:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=149

Edit: it did not happen with this post.

Maybe it's cuz you spam your posts? :p

Metaliturtle
07-05-09, 22:08
I'm with Dale

:b:

Buster's Uncle
07-05-09, 22:16
We should encourage vyeh when he feels playful.

I'm just sayin'...

Maniac
07-05-09, 22:58
The site for some reason puts [autolink] around Civ4. It screws up my signature.

Solver
07-05-09, 22:59
There are a few issues after installing the Wiki, including the appearance of "autolink". Bear with us while we sort the wiki out.

vyeh
07-05-09, 23:02
Maybe it's cuz you spam your posts? :p

I don't think so.

Other than a little joke against BU that he overlooked, my posts have been administrative details setting up the first WPC SMAC PBEM with a new CMN (quite an accomplishment given the number of PBEM games set up at 'poly), responding substantively to a blizzard of interesting posts in the SMAC sections including a strategy primer to a new SMAC player (a rarity), keeping SMAC interests at the forefront at this site (I think Locutus is almost ready to reorder the site to give SMAC its rightful place after Civ IV and Civ V -- even though he is a SMAC hater), dealing with a tenacious spambot, contributing to the discussion of the SMAC ladder, and contributing to the development of the site.

As you know, posting wasn't my only activity. There was a lot of PMing.

Now about that Alpha Centauri Strategy forum ...

Lancer
07-05-09, 23:11
That's impressive. :b:

vyeh
07-05-09, 23:20
Take a look at the AC MP forum (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

Edit: It's like real life Civ. You establish a city. Then you work resources and watch your city grow.

Buster's Uncle
07-05-09, 23:30
I don't think so.
Me either.

Other than a little joke against BU that he overlooked,
I saw it.

No love on the technical issues I've been (girldogging) about? A little "we're looking into it" would do wonders...

Dale
07-05-09, 23:38
Me either.

I saw it.

No love on the technical issues I've been (girldogging) about? A little "we're looking into it" would do wonders...

Did you read post #137? :)

Lancer
07-05-09, 23:49
Take a look at the AC MP forum (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19).

Edit: It's like real life Civ. You establish a city. Then you work resources and watch your city grow.

Wow, wish I played the game, very nice set up. Its stuff like this that will make the difference. :b:

vyeh
07-05-09, 23:55
Thank you. I think we've reached critical mass there.

Edit: the problems I had earlier have disappeared. Could it be due to server being overloaded?

Bloody Monk
08-05-09, 00:05
Suddenly the email notifications no longer preview the message. It is replaced with "1". Not nearly as useful as being able to read the message in the email client w/o going to the site first.

Hopefully, this is a temporary glitch.

Monk

Buster's Uncle
08-05-09, 00:31
Did you read post #137? :)
Yessir. Went back and checked to be sure.

So did you read any of my reports? There's no connection between the two.

vyeh
08-05-09, 04:07
Yet another place where the software tried to DP

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9631#post9631

Edit: Got this message when I tried to post

This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 29 seconds.

But it had already posted.

Jack Hawksmoor
08-05-09, 08:08
(I think Locutus is almost ready to reorder the site to give SMAC its rightful place after Civ IV and Civ V -- even though he is a SMAC hater)
Uhh :scared: ...

vyeh
08-05-09, 12:11
The problem with getting a message,

"This forum requires that you wait 30 seconds between posts. Please try again in 30 seconds."

after it had actually posted is still happening.

I just rebooted, so I don't think it is anything to do with may setup.

I notices a DP somewhere else, where the poster had put in "DP" in the first post, so I think it is happening to other people.

Here is where I was posting:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9814#post9814

Edit: happened on this post, too.

Happened again for the third post in a row:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9819#post9819

Fourth time:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9821#post9821

Fifth time:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9825#post9825

Sixth time:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9831#post9831

Seventh time:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9835#post9835

Is it only me?!

Eighth time today:

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9839#post9839

Dale
08-05-09, 13:30
There is no need to continuously post every single time it occurs. We know, and we've already said that it is related to the wiki software that's been installed.

Thanks.

vyeh
08-05-09, 13:38
Thank you!

Could you post when there is a resolution?

vyeh
08-05-09, 15:18
I posted an image (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9872#post9872)

When I click the thumbnail, I get "Vote" in the close box instead of an "x".

I've been able to get it repeatedly.

Buster's Uncle
08-05-09, 16:19
Confirrmed.

eastsidebagel
08-05-09, 19:17
I have two things which bug me:

How can I rename a link which I include in my post? So that the name I choose for it appears instead of the bare URL. Like the sig of vyeh above Buster's post.

And how come that we don't have any RFC-related content yet?

Solver
08-05-09, 19:19
To properly link with bbcode, type something like [url =http://www.linkhere.com]very smart text[/ url], just without the spaces

eastsidebagel
08-05-09, 19:46
BEST VIDEO EVAR!!! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0)

I hope this works.

And what about inserting more stuff into the On-Topic section by now, where I'd strongly recommend to give the first shot to RFC?

EDIT: THX, Solver! :)

Buster's Uncle
08-05-09, 19:48
East, I killed that window before it loaded.

If that's a real Rickroll, friendship is great, but I'll be in the lynchmob...

Solver
08-05-09, 19:50
Well, we just fixed several of the issues that came up with our wiki install last evening, so we're quite close to being able to add good content.

eastsidebagel
08-05-09, 19:52
C'mon, you just gotta acquire some appreciation towards Rick Astley when you're forced to listen to him dozens of times.
It's like with Classic art or expensive wine, first you have to get used to it before you can fully recognize its value. :p

eastsidebagel
08-05-09, 19:54
Well, we just fixed several of the issues that came up with our wiki install last evening, so we're quite close to being able to add good content.
Well, good to hear.

I recommend Rise of Mankind, Total Realism, Rhyse and Fall of Civilization, Dale's Combat Mode and Next War Advanced for the beginning.

Buster's Uncle
08-05-09, 19:55
If it plays once, you are funny.

If it loops and all. OOOOOHHHH! Howling for you blood. This ain't 4chan, and your King forbids actual Rickrolling.

We have spoken.

Maniac
08-05-09, 21:20
I tried to upload an attachment of size 1.5 MB and I got an error after a while. Is there an upper limit for attachment size?

vyeh
08-05-09, 21:22

I'm still running into the problem with the site telling me I can't post a reply, but it already did.

I've reported to Jack Hawksmoor several cases of DP in the AC forums.

(Aren't you glad he's around?)

Solver
08-05-09, 21:51
Maniac, actual attachments? Hmm. Did it give any sensible error message? Perhaps that's another limiting issue.

vyeh
08-05-09, 21:54
Solver, wrong thread.

Post in recruitment posters thread in AC forum.

Maniac
08-05-09, 22:00
Maniac, actual attachments? Hmm. Did it give any sensible error message? Perhaps that's another limiting issue.

Can't remember. I'll let you know next time I try to upload a large file.

Solver, wrong thread.

Post in recruitment posters thread in AC forum.

Are you telling Solver he's posting in the wrong thread? :confused:

Solver
08-05-09, 22:00
No, it's the right thread, the issue was reported here :p

vyeh
08-05-09, 22:01
Sorry. I missed those posts. (Hangs his head in shame and slinks away.)

Buster's Uncle
09-05-09, 04:49
MMC, problem, possibly theme-related. I noticed that my size-one-text Sig line wasn't displaying small in any of the themes. Then I noticed it was displaying wrong size in the default.

I opened my user CP and checked the sig size settings. Nothin'. When I emerged two levels up from here, I had the small-text display problem again. It wouldn't change back. I nipped over to CFC, and it changed back on command again.

My sig is still displaying full size for me. It kinda looks like something at this site is screwing with my browser settings. I wonder what's going on with that...

ainwood
09-05-09, 05:13
Probably that the sig doesn't update until you post again, or for a certain period of time (whichever comes first).

Buster's Uncle
09-05-09, 05:28
I know this is hard to believe, but I've posted since then. How does my sig look to everyone else? I see it the same size as everything else.

Dale
09-05-09, 06:15
Looks like this for me.

Buster's Uncle
09-05-09, 09:21
Okay. that confirms that I'm having problem, and indicates that it's not something as simple as my text size display.

My machine has been off for nearly four hours, and I'm still getting the large sig...

GrandpaTroll
09-05-09, 14:38
Okay. that confirms that I'm having problem, and indicates that it's not something as simple as my text size display.

My machine has been off for nearly four hours, and I'm still getting the large sig...

Not from my end...................

Im off to grandchildrens party for a few hours, just wondering what is your IE?

(Firefox,IE7,Safari,ect?)

I am not a tech guru, just wondering if any settings on display occurred by accidently presing two buttons at once?

In IE7, under Page at top right of screen, you can magnify the screen (I do if reading a lot), choose different font and size as well......

Just trying to help my friend:read:

vyeh
12-05-09, 11:47
Could someone tell me how the multi-quote button works?

I clicked on it and it highlighted. Now what?

(By the way, the wiki-related bug that leads to dp is still around. What's happening with that?)

Dale
12-05-09, 12:29

Someone more knowledgeable than me will have to answer that.

(By the way, the wiki-related bug that leads to dp is still around. What's happening with that?)

Yeah it's annoying! Locutus, what's happening with this? :)

vyeh
12-05-09, 12:51
Thanks, Dale.

The activity level in the SMAC forums is slightly overwhelming.

In principle, if we could figure out a logical separation, would you be adverse to another SMAC forum?

Buster's Uncle
12-05-09, 13:31

I only figured it out myself last week- it's not intuitive until you make the conceptual breakthrough. I had always thought the function was broken.

What I did here was hit the 'multi' button under the posts I wanted to reply to, but 'reply with quote' for the last.

Am I even answering the right question? I can't believe you guys don't know this.

Thanks, Dale.

The activity level in the SMAC forums is slightly overwhelming.

In principle, if we could figure out a logical separation, would you be adverse to another SMAC forum?
Subforum.

eastsidebagel
12-05-09, 13:35
With great pleasure, my good Sir!
Lets say you want to respond to two seperate posts at one time. First, you click the multi-quote-button in the first post you want to adress in your own one, then the second one and so on. The order in which you click on the buttons of the several posts also determines the order of the posts showing up at your own, so don't just click on them arbitrarily.
When you're done with selecting every post you wanna reply to, click on the regular "Quote"-button of the last post you've included and every quote you've choosen so far to be in your own post will show itself at once.

vyeh
12-05-09, 13:36

It's scary when Buster's Uncle is more knowledgeable than Dale about the features.

I only figured it out myself last week- it's not intuitive until you make the conceptual breakthrough. I had always thought the function was broken.

What I did here was hit the 'multi' button under the posts I wanted to reply to, but 'reply with quote' for the last.

Am I even answering the right question? I can't believe you guys don't know this.

Subforum.

I've never used the function before.

I'm trying to get some navigation aids for moving between the two forums.

Anyway, that is a side issue. I'm sounding Dale out on an expansion, whatever it is called.

Edit: thank you, ESB. Your explanation was a lot more thorough and clear.

Buster's Uncle
12-05-09, 13:53
It's scary when Buster's Uncle is more knowledgeable than Dale about the features.

Edit: thank you, ESB. Your explanation was a lot more thorough and clear.
You want a refund? :p

Dale
12-05-09, 14:17
I think all you SMAC people should go off to this site: http://weplaysmac.com

Leave us Civ'ers and Col'ers alone. :p

vyeh
12-05-09, 15:10

Leave us Civ'ers and Col'ers alone. :p

Thank you!

If you want to spin off another site and move the existing AC forums into that, I can support that!

Who knows? If we can build a big enough fan base, maybe we might convince someone that AC 2 is viable enough that the ownership issues can be resolved. Maybe AC is like Star Trek (the cancelled series).

How about linking it to the [URL=http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19]AC Multiplaying forum[/b] or the general AC forum.

Later, when Locutus creates a separate Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri category below Sid Meier's Civilization Series, it can link there.

You haven't answered my question. In principle, are you averse to creating another SMAC forum if a logical separation can be made from the existing AC forum?

Buster's Uncle, could you change the URL in the Chiron is a harsh mistress to WePlaySMAC.com.

PiMan
12-05-09, 15:41
One of the tournaments in the arcade isn't closing. Both Great Pessimist and I have played both our games in the final round, but the tournament is still officially under way.

Maniac
12-05-09, 19:54
Is the wiki ready for business, or still under construction? :confused:

I don't know what it's supposed to look like.

('cause if ready I have some time which I can add to smacwiki)

Metaliturtle
12-05-09, 21:05
You should be able to put general content in right now.

Solver
12-05-09, 21:19
We had a brief downtime starting approximately an hour ago, during which the site was inaccessible for 30-40 minutes. It was caused by an issue with power supply at the data center and has now been resolved.

Metaliturtle
12-05-09, 21:23
Thanks for the update Solver, I had thought that you banned me for my broccolicious ways.

vyeh
12-05-09, 21:24
I take it that this particular issue won't happen again?

Metaliturtle
12-05-09, 21:25
Well if they would leave the darn things plugged in. Tell the janitor to get an extension cord next time!

bdanv
12-05-09, 21:55

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Buster's Uncle
13-05-09, 14:11
Here's a new one by me:

Most of the new-post-containing threads that piled up overnight were not only not bolded this morning, but didn't have the ‘view first unread’ button when I opened them.

Dale
13-05-09, 14:14
They showed for me. Clear your cookies, cache and internet history. Restart browser too. Maybe that'll fix it.

Buster's Uncle
13-05-09, 14:49
Okay, I did that, and the View First is back- even for threads where the only new post was by me. Some threads that have new posts since I was there last are not bolded, and none of the new ones from overnight in OT that I haven't checked yet.

I know you guys are working your butts off, but you know if I'm having a problem, lurkers and others not speaking up are too.

That's bad for business. Taking the attitude that it's just me isn't in your own best interests. I'm just sayin'.

PiMan
13-05-09, 15:43
I'm having problems with the viewing unread things too, but I think it is just because of the default settings for vBulletin.
If there is anything I don't read in one session on this site, and I leave for 15 minutes or so, then it will be marked as read. I vastly prefer the system used by CFC where it happens only after a week (but that is regardless of whether I've been on the CFC inbetween).

CFC is also similar to any board using phpbb or IP.Board based systems in this respect. (EDIT: And probably other forum systems, but I'm not familiar with any others myself)

Buster's Uncle
13-05-09, 16:53
After I'd been browsing a while since my last post here, it reverted to the previous problem.

lemonhead
14-05-09, 23:07
I have a question for the admins: Did you ever delete a post or would you ever consider doing so?

Dale
14-05-09, 23:10
Yeah I delete a post (a full delete, not a soft delete) every time I accidently double post. :p
EDIT: I had to do that for this thread.

But I think the real answer you are looking for is if a post is reported it could be depending on the content.

lemonhead
14-05-09, 23:16
Okay, thanks for answering. :)

Just another one: Is it technically possible to delete an entire account, either by request or when the circumstances demand such an action? Have you ever done that too so far?

vyeh
14-05-09, 23:16
Dale, could you do a hard delete of this post (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=15004&postcount=18)? It is a dp of #11.

The software finally tricked me!

lemonhead
15-05-09, 16:41
Just another one: Is it technically possible to delete an entire account, either by request or when the circumstances demand such an action? Have you ever done that too so far?
Well?

Solver
15-05-09, 17:13
Accounts can technically be deleted but I can't imagine why we would want to do that outside of some technical errors. If a person wants to be gone, we can just disable the account, same goes for spam bots.

vyeh
15-05-09, 17:39
I experienced a database error a few minutes ago. Previously to that I was getting a blank page every time I tried a WPC bookmark.

Solver
15-05-09, 17:42
That was, once again, our very unfortunate wiki software. I thought it would only cause a minor hiccup for under a minute, sent the forums down for 15 minutes instead. Sorry! This particular issue won't happen again.

vyeh
15-05-09, 17:47
That was, once again, our very unfortunate wiki software. I thought it would only cause a minor hiccup for under a minute, sent the forums down for 15 minutes instead. Sorry! This particular issue won't happen again.

I hope not. Can I say that I hate that wiki software?!

What else is it going to do?

First dp's, now outages, what next?

(Where did you get that wiki software? It wasn't from any, uh, 'friends' from another site, was it?:))

Solver
15-05-09, 17:50
It's safe to say that it won't be doing much of anything now ;)

Jack Hawksmoor
15-05-09, 19:55
I stopped getting email notifications...

Buster's Uncle
15-05-09, 20:07
I was trying to pst the following when the forum went down. (Fortunately, I got something done for Darsnan because of the delay.)

So yesterday I started wondering why it seemed like there was so much posting action on the 5th. It was only after several hours his morning it registered on me that someone had changed the date display to the more-logical-but-unfamiliar European standard.

Siiigh.

Look, I hate to be the Ugly American here, but junk like that is alienating to your core demographic and bad for business.

Bloody Monk
15-05-09, 20:46
I stopped getting email notifications...

Funny thing that. I got the notification of this post and it actually gave the post rather than the "1" that has been coming.

Yeah, Solver!!

Monk

GrandpaTroll
15-05-09, 20:50
Funny thing that. I got the notification of this post and it actually gave the post rather than the "1" that has been coming.

Yeah, Solver!!

Monk

Great news Bloody Monk:relief:

Thanks so much Solver and whomever else found the cure for the dreaded 1 in email notifications:unworthy:

vyeh
17-05-09, 13:17
How come thread links are appearing like this

**Internal Linking (Threads)

instead of the word I assigned, e.g. 'thread'?

See this post.

Zack
17-05-09, 19:05
^This is the second time I've seen that now.

vyeh
17-05-09, 19:08
Furthermore, someone tried clicking on the link and it didn't work.

Zack
17-05-09, 19:09
Is that link to this thread?

vyeh
17-05-09, 19:13
I was talking about the link in this post:

WePlayCiv Forums - View Single Post - Asky/Alinestra/JustinSane/? Game

Let's try it as a link:

this post

Zack
17-05-09, 19:14
I was talking about the link in this post:

WePlayCiv Forums - View Single Post - Asky/Alinestra/JustinSane/? Game (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17599&postcount=123)

Let's try it as a link:

this post (http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showpost.php?p=17599&postcount=123)

It just goes to the first unread post in this thread. Is that what you want it to do?

vyeh
17-05-09, 19:15
Grr!

It is post #123 in the Asky/Alinetra/JustinSane/? Game thread in the AC MP forum!

This is serious, when you can't link even by posting the URL!

Zack
17-05-09, 19:15
It seems to do different things when I click it in your post, and when I click it in the quote. :hmm:

vyeh
17-05-09, 19:17
Now #216 works, but not the link in the post I linked to.

Zack
17-05-09, 19:20
:mad: This is frustrating!

-JME8z9Nsa4

Buster's Uncle
17-05-09, 20:36
I started seeing this late yesterday in people's posts, and can confirm htat it wasn't working for me last night either. Very annoying.

GrandpaTroll
17-05-09, 21:22
I started seeing this late yesterday in people's posts, and can confirm htat it wasn't working for me last night either. Very annoying.

http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561

I will see if this works now?

GrandpaTroll
17-05-09, 21:23
http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=561

I will see if this works now?

Thanks to Locutus, it is working now...

No thanks to Solver or Dale :no:, all Hail and Merciful thanks Laud Locutus:romeo::romeo::bb:

Buster's Uncle
17-05-09, 22:05
Lo cu tus! Lo cu tus! Lo cu tus!

Buster's Uncle
17-05-09, 22:10
I edited last night's post in which it did not work, and can confirm that it now once again does.

El_Cid
19-05-09, 10:43
I had a bit of down time yesterday, when trying to get to the site, was this due to the link issue being fixed i wonder?(I had noticed the 'internal linking error' thing as well)

Buster's Uncle
19-05-09, 14:22
I got that for a few minutes yesterday afternoon.

I've also been getting instances of it occasionally for several days when navigating around the site or posting; then it loads fine on the second try.

Metaliturtle
19-05-09, 14:23
I've had similar issues once or twice, not too bad overall though.

vyeh
20-05-09, 13:14
I just had trouble getting on the site for the last ten minutes. My browser said the site was not responding.

Nikolai
20-05-09, 13:25
Mine did not.:trophy:

Jack Hawksmoor
21-05-09, 11:29
This site does not work well on IE. :angry:

Oh wait...

vyeh
21-05-09, 15:30
I had problems getting to the site 45 minutes ago. My browser said it couldn't find the server.

Zack
21-05-09, 21:43
This site does not work well on IE. :angry:

Oh wait... nothing works well on IE

Finished your thought. ;)

vyeh
24-05-09, 18:58
WPC logged me out in the middle of my session.

I was using quick reply and I was told I had to refresh the page and login.

Zack
24-05-09, 19:02
With the subscription box, I sometimes get a problem where I will open the User CP in a different page, and my box is full of stuff that I have read and not read, without showing any distinction.

vyeh
24-05-09, 22:34
Because I have not been on my home computer, I have been logging out between sessions. When I log back in, the threads that have been updated since my last visit are not bolded.

Why?

Buster's Uncle
25-05-09, 00:06
I get that constantly, and I don't log out. I read a lot of stuff here, It's been going on for weeks and is a serious impairment of my enjoyment of the site.

PiMan
25-05-09, 02:10
I'm fairly sure it is a bug with vBulletin (that is possible to fix), because I know of a couple of other vBulletin forums that have the same problem. I know it is fixable because CFC doesn't have the problem.

Buster's Uncle
25-05-09, 02:24
A link I put up about an hour ago worked, but displayed broken. I had to edit so the words it was supposed to hyperlink in were visible.

What is it with forums having problems on Sunday? I'm asking. Wasn't it exactly a week ago that the hyperlinks broke last time?

Zack
25-05-09, 03:08
You know what they say, "Sunday's trouble day."

vyeh
26-05-09, 00:02
The site has repeatedly logged me out during the last 24 hours.

Zack
26-05-09, 00:10
I still have the annoying subscription box issue.

JEELEN
26-05-09, 02:29
Why is there no Home button, to get to the Frontpage?

Zack
26-05-09, 02:31
A very good question.

lemonhead
26-05-09, 14:56
The site has repeatedly logged me out during the last 24 hours.
I knew that I wasn't the only one to which this is happening! Whenever I play a long game in the Arcade or writing a long and rather time-confusing post in the Stories thread, the system keeps automatically logging me out after a certain time for an unknown reason. This is becoming pretty frustating, for whenever I play an Arcade game which goes on for longer than, lets say ten minutes, and finish with a score which could be saved in the High Score list, it doesn't let me do this for in the meanwhile I was already logged out! :mad:

vyeh
01-06-09, 23:30
The site stopped responding for about 4 hours, beginning at 2 pm EDT. I was posting a reply and the pages stopped loading.

Zack
01-06-09, 23:32
I noticed this as well.

eastsidebagel
01-06-09, 23:33
Yup, same thing for me.

Buster's Uncle
01-06-09, 23:42
Yesir, me too.

vyeh
04-06-09, 15:18
I notices that updated threads are not appearing bolded in my browser. This happened when I arrived this morning and has also occured while I have been traveling around the site. (I started in MP, made a post, went to OT, then to Site. When I went back to MP, the Legion_prime/?/? thread was not bolded in my browser despite the fact that zsozso had made a post while I was gone.)